What about CHILLER

If E* gets the Chiller channel it, it may actually save this channel from the chopping block at NBCU. Remember problems with Trio now called Sleuth. Chiller has not been profitable since it has been created. I am glad to see there is excitement for channels. There are few new channels in the works like Discovery/Oprah OWN channel (replace Discovery Health) and Discovery Plant Green channel

I thought Discovery Health was doing very well. It started out in the digital family of Discovery channels... back when they launched Discovery Kids, Discovery Science, Discovery Civilization, Discovery Home, etc. It was actually so popular that many cable companies (including my own) moved it out of digital into the analog tier. My wife watches it often. Why are they scrapping it for an Oprah channel? Is it doing bad?

I thought Oprah was involved somehow with WE or Oxygen. No? That biotch is already branded too much all over the place. She even has her own XM station along with her show and magazines. She is getting fat again too. Up and down she goes.

I thought Discovery Health was doing very well. It started out in the digital family of Discovery channels... back when they launched Discovery Kids, Discovery Science, Discovery Civilization, Discovery Home, etc. It was actually so popular that many cable companies (including my own) moved it out of digital into the analog tier. My wife watches it often. Why are they scrapping it for an Oprah channel? Is it doing bad?

I thought Oprah was involved somehow with WE or Oxygen. No? That biotch is already branded too much all over the place. She even has her own XM station along with her show and magazines. She is getting fat again too. Up and down she goes.

NBCU paid about $875 million for the women's channel that is available in 74 million cable and satellite homes. The channel was backed by Paul Allen and Oprah.

Discovery Health is in about 70 million homes already. This is a 50/50 venture with Discovery Communication and Oprah. Discovery is redesigning their digital suite.

Discovery Home will be new Discovery Planet Green in June 2008
Discovery Health will be OWN in 2009. Many programs will be on FitTV. Unavailable at this time to Dish customers

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/arts/television/16oprah.html?ref=arts

NBCU paid about $875 million for the women's channel that is available in 74 million cable and satellite homes. The channel was backed by Paul Allen and Oprah.

Discovery Health is in about 70 million homes already. This is a 50/50 venture with Discovery Communication and Oprah. Discovery is redesigning their digital suite.

Discovery Home will be new Discovery Planet Green in June 2008
Discovery Health will be OWN in 2009. Many programs will be on FitTV. Unavailable at this time to Dish customers

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/arts/television/16oprah.html?ref=arts

Well, I am glad they redesigned Discovery TImes... ID is great.

Wow...Chiller must be interesting...it's been a while since an SD channel created any stir around here.
While it is a commercial ridden SD channel, It does show things like the old Alfred Hitchcock, Night Gallery, and other older programs that are cool to watch again. This was my wifes favorite channel when we had D*, and I haven't lived it down since we switched to E* in August of last year.

While it is a commercial ridden SD channel, It does show things like the old Alfred Hitchcock, Night Gallery, and other older programs that are cool to watch again. This was my wifes favorite channel when we had D*, and I haven't lived it down since we switched to E* in August of last year.

I thought it had shows about how refrigerators and air conditioners were made.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)