What about us who have waited? 622 No Hd. Ready to get it now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shill

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Arkansas
Ok guys, I've waited and waited. Where is all the info for us who've been sitting on hdtv's with no hdtv dvr's or receivers? I heard of a big rebate for us who are ready to upgrade to HDTV from standard. Where is it?

The words that some CSRs and information that retailers some how got and spread around that the $200 credit would be for all is wrong. The only thing dish ever directly told customers from the chats was a $200 rebate only for returning 921s and 942s.

Yep, I got my info from a reputable retailer and i'm sure they didn't just dream it up.

This smells like a big ole stinkin pile of crap. But you know what? Charlie don't care and Dave don't care. They've been farking us for years and we just keep asking for more. Steaming pant loads is what I think. All of them!!

THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

RobertsD said:
It will cost you $299 to get the 622, and I doubt they are going to be offering a better deal anytime soon, for anyone.

Just wait til Apr 1, Just wait till Apr 1st, we PROMISE, there will be a big rebate for you folks who waited. :mad:

Thanks satellite guys. Thanks Charlie. I've waited 2 months for nothing. Thanks so much for all the usefull information. :eek:

Shill I don't know where your retailer got his information from but he obviously didn't go through the normal paths to get it.

1) The post on satelliteguys that's stickied has stated in it SEVERAL times that the rebate is only for folks returning 921s and 942s

2) In the Charlie chat it was never stated that there would be any kind of rebate for folks upgrading from SD receivers or non DVR HD receivers

Now let's apply some common sense here shill. Why on earth would you offer a rebate on a fairly expensive piece of equipment to somebody that has not paid for your more expensive HD equipment? Nobody would, because it does not make any sense, business or otherwise. I'm sure the price of a 622 will eventually come down just like any piece of technology. But to be on the cutting edge you're typically going to pay more for it.

I think that I have posted at least 15 messages in different threads that there was no reason to wait unless you already had a 921 or 942. I've seen many other posts saying the same. The February Charlie Chat was VERY clear about this. This information was repeated several times in the major sticky threads.

I don't know how anyone who has been reading Satelliteguys would think otherwise.

Here are but two of many, many discussions on this matter. Note that the first was posted right after the 2/1 upgrade announcements and is very clear that only 921 and 942 receivers qualified:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55006&highlight=942+622

And then there was all of the discussion about the Tech Forum Chat

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56297&highlight=charlie+chat

Note that there were multiple confirmations in this thread that the rebate was restricted to 921 and 942 customers.

Last edited:
shill said:
Just wait til Apr 1, Just wait till Apr 1st, we PROMISE, there will be a big rebate for you folks who waited. :mad:

Thanks satellite guys. Thanks Charlie. I've waited 2 months for nothing. Thanks so much for all the usefull information. :eek:

It's nobodies fault but your own if you didn't pay attention to what was written and what was said both on the chat and here on the threads. Whine all you want, but you got no one to blame but you!

downriver said:
If you live on the west coast don't waste your time and money on a D1000 the signal is too weak

Actually a D1000 will work well on the west coast, LA HD locals are on 129. It's the north east that has D1000 problems.

On Jan 6th, Shill posted that he spoke to a local Dish installer and was told that there would be a deal for people who swapped a 942 for a 622.

" I hate to give repeated info and have always asked and never contributed but I spoke with a dish instore rep yesterday. He said if I wait till Feb, I can get a Dish 1000 upgrade for about 60 bucks. He also said they will be changing out the 942's for a mpeg 4 tuner 622? or something like that in February. Also stated it will be available for lease instead of buy."

For the most part, what he wrote here is reasonably accurate, especially for early January. There was a $49 upgrade with a D1000 that came out on 2/1 with the 211 receiver. And the trade-in program of a 942 for a 622 did happen, but not until 4/1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)