What Actuator should I buy????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
Ok i know superjack blows because i keep getting bad readings on the higher satellites and always have to adjust the actuator just on 1 or 2 of the last upper sateliites K5 and K6 but all the other satellites are ok but just the last 2 of them...
Was wondering if its a actuator problem should I get a Venture 24 or a Von Weise 24????
I see that some have 36 volts or 24?
And pulse is 24 uptill 40......Think 40 is better.........
Ebay has a Venture Maxi actuator at $129 but don't know the Pulse or Volts?
But I wanted a Saginaw but hear that they are made by venture but I think its the higher end of the ventures and not the Maxi actuators.
Just want the best and not spend alot..........JT

I have an 17 year old von wiess,I just rebuilt it in december and it still works perfect, I use in on a 12 foot mesh!
The venture ball screww is from what I'm told a good arm as well
as for the voltage, my 4dtv moves it like a champ even at 24 volts!

I have a Von Weise that has been working very well for me. A lot of folks like the Ventures. I think you need to make sure you get the better ones though. Seems like they have some low end stuff too. The Saginaws are also very well liked. I think some of the folks on this forum who've been doing cband for a long time really like them. The main thing is to get a good quality arm. As for pulses, I think the more the better. If I'm not mistaken, it's a measure of the number of movements the arm makes for every inch it extends. So the higher the number the more precisely you can point your dish.

Mike

johnnytuinals said:
i keep getting bad readings on the higher satellites and always have to adjust the actuator just on 1 or 2 of the last upper sateliites K5 and K6 but all the other satellites are ok but just the last 2 of them...

This sounds more like an alignment issue. Before spending money, you may want to checkout the graphic titled "Philosophy of Tuning Dish to Satellite Arc" toward the bottom of the linked page..

Thank you,,,,,when I am on K6 most of the Channels comes in great but 1 or 2 might come in a tad snowy,or i have to get my control and move the dish a tad or 2......And sometimes when I am at the bottom of the arc pics very good untill I get to K6 and have to move my Dish a tad again with the remote.So I feel maybe its the actuator......Its Just annoying and I am sure most ratter save the money on a actuator and just move it with the remote..I feel since its a 24 inch Superjack maybe its coming to the end of its life and maybe keep it as a spare,its only 1 1/2 years old?..JohnnyT

Status
Please reply by conversation.