What am I doing wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

huplink

Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Danbury CT
I have a Fortec lifetime classic NA receiver, Fortec FSKU-V universal LNB and Fortec 36" Dish. The problem I'm having is I can't get a signal lock. The dish was installed on my roof because of all the trees. I have a Dtv phase 3 Dish that I am getting good signal from with no problem, so I installed my 36" dish next to it a little higher- checked my receiver - no signal. I thought maybe because it"s a huge dish I may need to use a longer pole, so I installed a longer pole on my roof. Now my 36" dish is 3' higher than my dtv dish, I aligned my dish with a Acutrac 22 meter (is that ok for a universal LNB?) set my Fortec receiver on AMC 1 @ 103, and could not lock on to any tp after adjusting the dish lots of time . Did I miss a step or Is the Fortec receiver is no good?

The signal meter can help but you just can't beat the signal quality meter on the TV, signal meters pull you towards the stronger DBS satellites sometimes. I would use your Blind/Smart scan.... If you find nothing move the dish and do another scan. Let us know what channels you find and we can let you know where you are pointing.

Universal LNBF L.O. 9750-10600

Above all do not give up, it will all click soon : )

I brought the receiver and tv on my deck and hooked it up, watched the tv screen while I move the dish around and still nothing from the level meter.

Make sure you have rg6 coax cable and good connections.
What I found is that the satellite finder good to find a satellite, but not to get quality on the receiver. Without quality you will not receive any channels.
In my case the most sensitive setting was the elevation. A little bit up or down and your quality is gone.
The tilt and azimuth were more forgiving.
Make sure your pole is vertical and that your tilt and elevation are set by the chart and then move your dish very slowly until you get quality on your tv and don't forget to use the value that accounts for magnetic deviation.

Good luck! :D

I have a Dtv dish pointing the same direction, and getting strong signal from all three LNB's. Is there a way to manually enter the tp frequency,polarity and SR on Fortec lifetime classic NA receiver?

What satellite are you trying to receive? The DTV birds are at 101w, 110w, and 119w. Echostar shares the 110w and 119w slots with DTV. There are some FTA channels on 110 and 119, but mainly audio channels. There is also a Ku FSS satellite at 101w, AMC4.

For info, see here: http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

As you can see, the FTA satellites are spread across the southern sky. You don't necessarily want to be pointed in the same direction as DTV or Dish. If you're trying for 103w, you should be just a nudge west of DTV's core satellite. If you have an old DTV LNB and receiver, you might try replacing the FSKUv with this and trying to hit 101w. After you get 101w, put the Fortec FSKUv back on and nudge the dish a little bit west...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)