What am I missing here???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raider49er

Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Washington state
I have a HR20-700 and a HR24-200 connected through a splitter to a SWM dish. All is working great as far as receiving Direct TV. I am authorized for Whole Home service. I put a DECA on the HR20 and then tried to configure both DVRs for sharing playlists. I am not connecting these to the internet and don't believe I need to. I just want to share playlists. On the HR20, the DECA lights blink and it appears to be working. But I cannot get the two DVRs to see each other on the Whole Home screens. I have tried the HR24 with and without a DECA, but no luck. Both are configured to share playlists, but they don't see each other. I can't find a missing configuration item. Any idea what I am doing wrong or missing?

Thanks for any guidance!

Dave

HR20's are wired. You'll need a 2 way SWM splitter, the deca you already have, and a BS filter.

Take the sat line in and put it on the sat in on the 2 way then the deca goes in to sat 1 on the HR20 then take the 2nd port on the splitter and add the BS filter and connect it to say 2 on the HR20 then restore defaults.

Yeah, like I said HR20's are weird

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also check on the menu on each reciever and make sure whole home is authorized, sometimes the account is authorized but the receiver may still be "not autorized". menu > settings > settings > whole home > status

What is a BS filter? So even though the H20 is on a SWM, I use both satellite ports? I am confused.
You have a HR20 DVR,correct,not a H20 receiver? Crap,I'm typing this on a Kindle,otherwise I'd provide a link to the Band Stop Filter. Now for those in the know,I thought that it was the HR20-100 only that needed both the deca adapter & band stop hooked up to it. Dfergie has a HR20 & he can better explain how to get whole home dvr working for you. Now if you have the non-dvr H20 receiver,nothing can be done for it,but to get an upgrade. It is not whole home dvr compatible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts