What are Dish CSR Saying about adding hd Feb. 1

Me: do you know which channels will be coming to DIsh HD Feb 1st
(05-03) Jan K: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere. Unfortunately we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities. For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/HD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
Me: ok thanks.
(05-03) Jan K: You're very welcome.
(05-03) Jan K: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.
Me: you too
spacer.gif

Well I tried. The convo was little lengther...had question about 622 having a "Screen Door Effect". Upgrading to 722.

"Since I am always on this site and have not seen any mention of this new Satellite I believe that is a lie."

Actually it's not a lie. There are 3 "planned" satellite launches scheduled for this year.

But there will not be over 70 new HD channes available on Feb 1. That is a lie.

Actually, it's not 70 new HD channels. It's 74 new HD Markets and that of course it's probably a lie.

"Do you realize we are launching a new satellite and that 74 new HD markets will be available on Feb 1st"

I got a very interesting (and I hope true:D) response from an online CSR today...

You have been connected to (03)Susan J.
(03)Susan J: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
Me: I am an HD customer and have noticed that no HD channels have been added as of late. Due to the upcoming programming packages' price increases, will we be seeing additional HD channels come February 1st?
(03)Susan J: I will be glad to help you.
(03)Susan J: Yes, however the new channel line up card has not been created yet.
(03)Susan J: Please contact us on or after Feb 1st so that we can provide you the detail information.
Me: Do you have any information whether USA-HD and SCIFI-HD will be added on this date?
(03)Susan J: I would have definitely provided you this information however the new channel line up card as I mentioned earlier has not been launched yet.
(03)Susan J: Personally I think that the above mentioned channel should come under the upcoming channel list.
Me: Thanks!
(03)Susan J: You are welcome.
(03)Susan J: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: No, thank you.
(03)Susan J: It was my pleasure assisting you!
(03)Susan J: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!

Last edited:
I know a few people out there have said that Dish's csr has told them to expect more hd February 1. I also know it does not mean anything until they show up in our guide. If you have time, call or get online chat with a Dish csr and ask the question about adding hd February 1. Please post it here as it will be interesting of thier response. I did already and they just told me that they did not have any updated information.
price is going up..and it's three tiered...all current hd customers are grandfathered in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)