SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
Went on vacation came back and now my signal levels on 103c are low
numbers are
40 0 34 0 42 0 41 0
34 0 30 0 37

Called directv they said only a 90 waranty and I am pass due 2 weeks.

I had the same problem in the beginning guy came out 3 times also had a case management open

What should I do I have no protection plan and do not want to pay 50 bucks for them to fix the issue again/

I would love to be able to fix it myself so I don't have to rely on DTV however I have no birddog

Went on vacation came back and now my signal levels on 103c are low
numbers are
40 0 34 0 42 0 41 0
34 0 30 0 37

Called directv they said only a 90 waranty and I am pass due 2 weeks.

I had the same problem in the beginning guy came out 3 times also had a case management open

What should I do I have no protection plan and do not want to pay 50 bucks for them to fix the issue again/

I would love to be able to fix it myself so I don't have to rely on DTV however I have no birddog

Call and add the protection plan, then set up an appointment. The charge is only $20 for 30 days, them the cost is free. You will have to keep the PP for a year or else pay a $10 fee for cancelling early. In my opinion, the PP is worth it.

I shorta agree with you PP is worth the piece of mind however I still like to fix things myself and not depend on anybody else whom ever company it is. The old dish were cake to align So if I can learn how to fix problems myself I would only need the PP for bad equipment.
I need to learn how to align these damm dish slimeline

A fancy meter is NOT required. Patience and diligence are mandatory.

A helper and a two-way communications system are typically VERY helpful.

You may want to consult with a local storefront installer and see if they can't wiggle something out of DIRECTV or provide you with a permanent fix at a reasonable price.

either quit being cheap and get the PP or pay the $50 and quit whinning or go buy a sat meter and "figure it out" I'm sick of people asking for free service calls on here. I'll help with a lot of stuff but after my dealings with "DickTV" today. I'm on a rampage so sorry if I hurt your feelings

hey relax I am not wanting free service just want it to be fixed there has been a installer out 3 times and this problems keeps popping up so why should i pay for something the installers cant fix.
by the way when they come they are in a hurry to leave

I would fix myself and said that
my feelings not hurt no worries

I just confirmed that the mulitswitch and cabling is not the problem by bypassing it and issues remain in different on different box. My next step is going to go outside and twist that dish I am thinking it moved a c*ntHair and maybe a nodge will fix it well praying actually LOL..
I have 5 month old twins so it maybe take me a couple of days to get out there

I shorta agree with you PP is worth the piece of mind however I still like to fix things myself and not depend on anybody else whom ever company it is. The old dish were cake to align So if I can learn how to fix problems myself I would only need the PP for bad equipment.
I need to learn how to align these damm dish slimeline

You can learn how to do them with a little practic, it comes naturally.
I also have the PP, for the peice of mind as well, if I need a replacement recvr for whatever reason, it's covered.
If for some reason I need my dish pointed and don't have the time to mess with it, they will take care of it.

Cable goes bad, they fix it...... I may be able to take care of it sooner, but if I can't and they are freed up, were good to go.

fwiw, most of the installers that have been out here have been pretty good.
I've also taught each of them something that they don't know.
If they realize you know what your doing, and you don't get in thier way, they tend to do better work.

I will probably get the PP but the money is a little tight as of now so I will first try to do myself + I like to know how to do it myself I work from home so only if the twins will take a NAP during the daytime I would be in good shape...

Did you check all of the cabling and connections from dish to ground block to multiswitch to receiver(s)?

BTW, what receiver do you have?

Did you check the BBCs?

Yes I checked all of my connections I bypassed the mulitswitch and still same signal
I went out there and notched it a little and the signal got better so. When I get a chance I will go out there and play with it
I have
Hr22-100 HR21-100 H23-600
all different rooms same issue

well finally happy
directv came out for the 4 time found a bad LNB, needed to tighten everything, and then re aligned dish also found a bad remote.
hope this will be the last time
now #'s r in the mid 90's on all sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts