What are my options...

SHADO 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
St. louis
My job will require me to leave the country for six or more months starting in January. I currently lease a 622 receiver since March 2006. I called to ask if my account could be placed on hold and pay the $10.00 a month, but they refuse to do this because of the 18 month commitment. I will not pay for service I will not be able to use. Short of canceling the service and pay the extra fee's, what are my options?

You could email the ceo address or you could also downgrade to the minimum package, I believe it's the Top60.

I emailed them. Even with the cheapest package (Family Pack), it would still with all the fees come close to $40.00 a month.

UPDATE: I just got a response from my email and they will let me put the account on hold. That was fast and show's if you have a complaint that the CSR's won't handle who to contact.

Last edited:
I emailed them. Even with the cheapest package (Family Pack), it would still with all the fees come close to $40.00 a month.

UPDATE: I just got a response from my email and they will let me put the account on hold. That was fast and show's if you have a complaint that the CSR's won't handle who to contact.

I feel sorry for the company that installed your system. They are now going to receive a chargeback from Dish because you didn't fullfill your contract.

I feel sorry for the company that installed your system. They are now going to receive a chargeback from Dish because you didn't fullfill your contract.

That is not correct...I'm paying the difference of the unused portion...and I can't help it if I'm required to leave for several month's.

What you pay Dish has nothing to do with the original installing company. If your system shuts off before the chargeback period is over, the original dealer looses.. Dish never looses. They always get theirs. It's the little man that gets hurt

Thats really not the customers fault, if I was an installer for dish, i would be all over them about that policy then. Dont take it out on this guy who has to go overseas for his job. I'm sure he would rather be home watching dish, but life sucks and you gotta do what you gotta do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts