what are STONGEST transponders from each sat 61.5 110 119 129

drumtrucker

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 14, 2012
48 states
i have manual search VuQube V10 and need to know STRONGEST transponders from each (61.5, 110, 119, 129) to aid in finding them. I did see another similar post to which asked for the 'best' and someone did respond with the 'home' transponders, which is useful, but I am hoping to get a list of the strongest to find first, then use 'home' to tweak.

the strongest ones would usually be the transponders with SD only channels so using that theory

61.5 TP14
110 TP11 & 14
119 TP11 & 12
129 TP 21

Strongest would be the spot beams aimed at your area, so it varies depending on your location.

I am getting signal strength 85 off 61.5 TP5, but it says Locked - Name Not Acquired!

Does that mean I'm seeing spurrious signal off another satellite or TP?

TP7 is a spotbeam aimed at Abilene and I get it at 87 - very hot!

Last edited:
The SD TPs show stronger on the receiver's signal meter because they use QPSK which has fewer bit errors. This is because it is 2 bits per symbol vs 3 bits. But, that does not mean that the TPs are actually transmitting with more power. A signal meter that is looking at the power level of the signal could show something quite different. It would actually make more sense if Dish lowered the power on TPs doing SD and raised it on HD. But, outside of spot beams I doubt that they really have that option on most satellites aside from the crude single/double power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts