PTAT addiction who has it?

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
I have found since getting my hopper I watch almost everything that PTAT records now I know this is a choice but I just couldn't help myself because it was all there. Now they are starting to cancel shows so I ended up invested in a zillion shows that instead of the few that I had a choice to record with my 722 or 922.

Not me, I just watch my usual programming. I do, sometimes, pick up on another program however, but not all of them.

I love it. I'll go through the list of PTAT recording to see what I have missed over the last week and if I like it I watch or save it. I was able to save a bunch of Christmas cartoon shows like Frosty for my son. The best part is they all have the autohop feature which is so awesome when you have a kid watching.

Addicted? No.

Very pleased with the feature? You bet. It has gotten me started on a couple of shows that I would have never watched otherwise.

I only use it if there is a timer traffic jam, which has only ever happened on Sundays. Finding even less use for it since I got the OTA module. Just too much I won't watch on the Big 4.

I check it each day and delete all the shows I DON'T watch and then catch up on the shows I DO watch, on the weekend when I have time. I don't really watch anything more than I did with my 722k and regular timers on the networks. It is nice to be able to have the option to watch the shows if I want to. But I do like the feature because I don't have to have individual timers for each show I like ,which used to be 36 - 40 timers.

Nope I'm not addicted because my area doesn't have the feature or locals in HD forcing me to use PlayLater (a internet dvr program) to grab videos from HULU and CBS and while they are not HD they seem to be better quality than my locals and in 16:9 instead of 4:3. I'm actually finding myself fed up with TV and would much rather play my Playstation 3. plus this season really hasn't been that great of a TV season for the Big 4 outside of two or three new shows.

Not addicted, but it is a great feature none the less. I love that I will never miss anything aired during Prime Time again.
The fact it only uses one tuner is fantastic.

I don't know if I would say addicted lol, but I sure would not go back. Not having to setup tuners and pick and choose what shows we could record has been a lifesaver. Now the wife can get her shows recorded and I get mine. It also has allowed us to try out new shows we wouldn't normally waste a tuner for.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I would also say not addicted but we love the Hopper and PTA. We have gone through a 722 and 922 over the years but this is by far the best. Just don't seem to have all the problems I read about in alot of these threads. ;)

I really like ptat also. Have found some really good shows I never would have recorded. Plus the hop is great for all the Christmas shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)