What are the differneces between satellites 110,119,129 and these 61.5 & 72.7

Jorgefdzdelara

Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Pharr, Tx
What are the differneces between pointing your antenna to satellites 110,119,129 and these 61.5 & 72.7 satellites?
Do they have the same channels but they are for different areas?

I am actually pointing to 110,119and 129 with a 211 receiver from Pharr,Tx.

thanks.

Same question. Adding more . . .

I am in Omaha, some here are pointed to 61.5 & 72.7 the eastern arch and others are 110 119 and the 129 western arch

Some around here say rain fade is worse on easern arcn is that true? Eastern is all MPEG4 does that make the Picture better for the SD channels?

Why do they have this DMA on both Archs?

What happened to the 3rd Sat in the Eastern ? The western has 3 sats does that mean the eastern has less capacity with only 2 sats?

Any Advantage over either Eastern or Western?

The OP left out 77 from the EA sats. One advantage to WA (for now) is you can still use old MPEG2 receivers, but time is running out for that.

I believe on EA, all major locals are in HD. I have heard of a few digital sub channels in SD on those sats, like My Tv or those like that but the major ones are in HD. someone correct me if I am wrong.--Hope this helps.

I had EA and all 4 of my locals were just in hd...i recently moved and the installer set me up for 110 119 129 and I wasn't sure why...only thing I noticed different is that my locals are in hd and sd

I had EA and all 4 of my locals were just in hd...i recently moved and the installer set me up for 110 119 129 and I wasn't sure why...only thing I noticed different is that my locals are in hd and sd

I had the WA for years and I had 2 dishes. One pointed at the 110,119, and 129 and the other pointed just at the 77 (wing dish). But Dish recently moved them off the 77 to the 61.5 so now the major ones are in HD only and PBS, and our ION station are in SD.

So... Can I have 2 dish antennas connected to my same 211 receiver?

are the channels different on the eastern sats from the western sats or they are the same?

You can have up to 4 orbitals, they can be from eastern or western arc, which requires a dpp44 switch, and no, the channels themselves are not different depending on what orbital you pull them from.

What orbitals you receive depends on your locals most of the time. Or if you have no line of sight for your normal orbitals, the opposite arc is usually used, however in this scenario you usually lose local channels. Unless they are able to wing in your orbital for locals.

Most international channels come on 118.7 orbital, so they receive the western arc with a wing dish pointed at 77 if their locals come off eastern arc.

Only mpeg4 receivers can decode the signal from the eastern arc, meaning HD receivers. This does not make SD channels look better though.

Western arc has much higher signal strengths than eastern arc, but I couldn't tell you if that actually causes more signal loss or not. Or if eastern arc has higher signals in other parts of the states.

For instance, in Baton Rouge we use western arc. SD locals are on 110, HD locals on 129. If the customer has no line of sight for western arc, we put eastern arc if they have HD equipment, and wing in either 110 or 129 if possible. However just 2 hours west in Lake Charles, their locals are on 77, so they usuallyuse eastern arc.

Last edited:
So... Can I have 2 dish antennas connected to my same 211 receiver?

are the channels different on the eastern sats from the western sats or they are the same?
Eastern Arc uses the broadcast standard MPEG 4 it allows more compression so less band width. That is the main reason for different signal strengths between Eastern and Western Arcs. Western Arc uses MPEG 2 broadcast standard for SD broadcasting and MPEG 4 for HD broadcasts. This is allowing DISH to remove older receivers from the broadcast streams in a more controlled fashion. The 501/508 & 510 DVRs are being replaced with 512DVRs and 301s are being replaced with 311s free of charge and an upgrade fee if the customer wants a HD receiver.
Wether you are EA or WA you should have access to the same channels except possibly LOCALS where they are arc specific.

Upgrade 622 to sling loaded 922 - impact on legacy packages?

DISH DROPS AMC TOMORROW AT 11.59AM-REPLACEMENTS COMING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts