What are the LNB Type and Motor Settings for a Corotor II Feedhorn & LNB's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Tomorrow I am expecting delivery of my V-Box III and Corotor II FeedHorn and LNBs for my 12 Foot Mesh Dish. What would be the setup in Antenna Settings for C and KU LNBs for my ViewSat Extreme Receiver for: LNB Type ie - Standard 10750? And for Motor Setup do I stay with USALS as I did with my Stab HH 120 Motor, or do I choose USER or INSTALLER to control the Bud Dish Actuator. Also do the Limits on the Dish Need to be setup on the V-Box III? Any replies would be appreciated.

What would be the setup in Antenna Settings for C and KU LNBs for my ViewSat Extreme Receiver for: LNB Type ie - Standard 10750? And for Motor Setup do I stay with USALS as I did with my Stab HH 120 Motor, or do I choose USER or INSTALLER to control the Bud Dish Actuator. Also do the Limits on the Dish Need to be setup on the V-Box III? Any replies would be appreciated.
I can't help you with the actual settings in the Viewsat. I don't have one, and have never seen the setup menu.

The LNB settings are 10750 for Ku and 5150 for C-Band.

You don't have to set up the antenna limits with the Vbox, but you should.

USALS will not work with the VBox so you will have to try something else.

Fred

yeah the user or the installer is the 1.2
setting up a satellite for each ku & c band makes it easy ( this is why i thought it might be easy to get a channel editor and see if you could do it easy)

Thanks linuxman and George. George, I don't understand what a channel editor is, can you please help? Is it something you setup on the Computer then download to the Sat Receiver?

yes there are several programs out usually one is by your receiver maker another is called channel master. these programs allow you to hook your receiver up to a computer and pull the satellite & channel list over to the computer . then they allow you to edit this list add delete make changes. it allows me to delete any satellite i'm not planning on using (thus removing it from my menu and taking the tp's out of the tp limit equasion)

so my list might go
87W C-band
87W KU
89W C-band
89W KU
91W C-band
91W KU
93W C-band
93W KU
95W C-band
95W KU
97W C-band
97W KU
99W C-band
99W KU
101W C-band
101W KU
103W C-band
103W KU
ect

This doubles your satellites but it allows you to have different settings for each one and even different locations. I also save the basic channel list cause i scan a lot and this helps me keep a clean list.

most receivers allow you to delete satellites or transponders but if there are a lot , it could be a long job. plus i like having a saved copy of my channel list in case my receiver has to be reset.

Thanks George I'll check into how to get a Channel List for the Viewsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)