I killed my Super Jack II and bought a new Actuator ?????

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
So the plastic gear in my 24" Super Jack II tore apart , I believe it was about 15yrs old. So I bought a 24" Venture Super Power 24 inch Dish Mover. It Arrived today and installed just fine on my 7.5 Perfect 10 dish. My ? and the reason I'm posting is this thing is Big, Like 36" big, and the inner tube of this actuator is as big as the outter tube of the Super Jack. Did I get what I paid for ? or did I get a really good deal ? Or did I assume the Super Jack was a 24" when it was really an 18". I should have taken a side by side pic. Here are a few pics of both actuators, any info would be nice to ease my curiosity. Thanks Long Hair.

Attachments

• Super Jack.png
    Super Jack.png
    598.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Venture1.png
    Venture1.png
    652.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Venture2.png
    Venture2.png
    566.2 KB · Views: 121
So the plastic gear in my 24" Super Jack II tore apart , I believe it was about 15yrs old. So I bought a 24" Venture Super Power 24 inch Dish Mover. It Arrived today and installed just fine on my 7.5 Perfect 10 dish. My ? and the reason I'm posting is this thing is Big, Like 36" big, and the inner tube of this actuator is as big as the outter tube of the Super Jack. Did I get what I paid for ? or did I get a really good deal ? Or did I assume the Super Jack was a 24" when it was really an 18". I should have taken a side by side pic. Here are a few pics of both actuators, any info would be nice to ease my curiosity. Thanks Long Hair.
What's the model number of your new Venture jack?

It has been limping along for some time now. I just can't believe that the venture is a foot longer than the super jack. Also when you set the Limit switch for the venture there are marking for it. Goes from 0 to 36, it was set at 24

I just assumed it was a 24, measuring it from the tip to where the motor attaches is 24":oops: