What are the odds that SPEED HD will be added in time for the '09 Formula 1 season

What are the odds that SPEED HD will be added before the '09 Formula 1 season starts?

• Sure. I trust E*. I'm sure they'll add SPEED HD soon

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • No chance at all

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • What is Formula 1?

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Does it look like I care?

Votes: 22 18.0%

• Total voters

JuanPablo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Do you guys think we'll be able to watch the F1 races this year on SPEED HD?

Lol. Thank you for adding "What is Formula 1" for people like me. :) It baffles me how popular racing is, but to each his own. I hope you guys get it for the start of the season.

Personally, I've been depressed since Speed dropped World Rally Cup coverage. F1 has generally bored me, although I've watched it when it is on.

My understanding is that even if Speed goes HD, the F1 coverage will still be SD this year, as there is no HD international feed available yet. I do have Speed HD on Comcast and will report back on that once the season starts.

Maybe the poll should add "or before the Daytona 500 Speed Week coverage as that is probably a lot bigger viewing market.

I hope they add it soon. I love F1, however most of the races will not be filmed in HD even if we get SpeedHD.

I would not expect Speed HD on Dishnetwork anytime soon.

And when Speed HD is added I expect to see FOX Business added along with any other channels FOX wants to make Dish take.

Maybe the poll should add "or before the Daytona 500 Speed Week coverage as that is probably a lot bigger viewing market.

Yeah...but we all know that would never happen. If anything, they'd probably turn it on the day after Daytona. :(

I seem to recall the three or four F1 broadcasts on Fox last year were all in HD...so there is an international HD feed available, at least for some events. Cheers.

I can't imagine them doing anything just because an event is coming up. Sports just don't seem to matter to them here. I hope that there are some changes before long in the way they are run to better serve the consumer and I don't mean more shopping channels.

There was no international HD feed last year. What you saw was digital widescreen, either 480p or 540p, not sure which.

Its not 720p but the picture looked a LOT better than the SD coverage. The few races that were on FOX looked really nice. I'll settle for that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)