What are the odds that SPEED HD will be added in time for the '09 Formula 1 season

What are the odds that SPEED HD will be added before the '09 Formula 1 season starts?

• Sure. I trust E*. I'm sure they'll add SPEED HD soon

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • No chance at all

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • What is Formula 1?

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Does it look like I care?

Votes: 22 18.0%

• Total voters
Why? Do they need more wrecks in F1???:D

No. F1 needs more drivers that are not afraid to pull out a daring pass for fear of crashing out. Processions are not very exciting to watch. I'd rather watch an attempted pass and a crash rather than a procession :D

No. F1 needs more drivers that are not afraid to pull out a daring pass for fear of crashing out. Processions are not very exciting to watch. I'd rather watch an attempted pass and a crash rather than a procession :D

Which is why I'd rather watch WRC, or even NASCAR. Speed is showing the SCCA runoffs now, and that is a lot more fun to watch.

No kidding. Sure it may the Fox Widescreen of our time, but its sure better than the overly compressed SD feed on ch150.

But I don't think that Dish will have it in time for the launch of the season. Dish and Fox are having a piss'n contest, and Charlie brings plenty of Super Double Big Gulps.

Passing? Does F1 allow this now? When did this happen?!?

hehe...j/k :p

Dish and Fox are having a piss'n contest, and Charlie brings plenty of Super Double Big Gulps.

That has to win "quote of the day" honors! :D

I think the Euro. standard is the 576i, 14x9 widescreen. Fox probably upconverted it to 720P and zoomed it just a tad for a nice picture. I'm looking for SpeedWeek at Daytona in HD. (Feb. 12 approximately.)

Do not think it matters. With spec engines and very limited aero, this season will be a real bore. Somebody will have to march around with Max's head on a stick before any real excitement can be brought back to Formula One.

That said, hopefully the bore will be on SPEED HD, but I am not holding my breath.

Actually, this 'transition' year should be interesting--some cars with KERS some without, huge new front wings and non-grooved slick tires combined with much less turbulent rear wings means the front end should stick well and help with over taking.

Whenever you have this many major rule changes, things are usually pretty interesting. I've been a huge F1 fan for going on 40 years. Even though I live in California, used to go to Indy for the GP...RIP for now.

That said, PLEASE DISH PLEASE get me widescreen F1 by the end of March!!!!

I'm sure you'll get Speed HD, just as I was sure that Dish would add Fox News HD before the 2008 election.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)