What are you doing to replace older Tracfones like the Nokia 2126.

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
I have no use for a smart phone, at this time I only use it for emergency use.

It runs inexpensively, less than $75 dollars per year probably. I buy the smallest time card I can get and super size it, $50 for the whole year. I charged it once a week whether it needed it or not.

It had a speaker phone on it.

I can hear on it.

I am not sure what’s wrong with mine, most of the time it doesn't work.

Doesn't seem to even light the screen anymore. Changed battery still nothing.

I have not seen a new dumb phone listed on any of Tracfone’s site.

The only one I have seen is the Alcatel Flip phone, but in realty it seems to be a smart phone. It does have a camera.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283274241921

Any experience in changing another tracfone to my current account. Which may have something like 3000 minutes of X2 (double minutes for any minutes I buy).

This is some of the phones I have seen on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-Tracfone-2126-Cellular-Phone-FUNCTIONS-and-has-Power-Supply/184193277436

Like mine. I believe I still have a new battery for this one. Also make offer. It does not look well worn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Untested-NOKIA-TRACFONE-2126i-with-Charger-User-Guide/362777952249

Not experienced with. Also make offer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-2126i-TracFone-Cellular-Phone/264656397761?hash=item3d9ec025c1:g:QI4AAOSwMWdeYBqI

$3 starting bid, make offer, no charger.

Are their other phones or options that I am unaware of?

Thank you!

Home Shopping Network is currently offering LG smart phones that include annual service for half the price of annual service. Their regular prices are still less than the cost of annual service. You can't do that with a used flip phone as you'll have to pay $99 to get the next year of annual service that is included with a $50-70 phone bundle.

I do NOT recommend buying old phones as they may lack the radio functionality that is needed in a modern wireless environment. With old Tracfones, you have to be certain that the radio technology that the phone featured matches up with the carrier that Tracfone uses in your area. Many of the older phones didn't support LTE so you need to find one that supports the carrier used -- CDMA in Verizon and T-mobile markets and GSM in AT&T markets. In my case, only Verizon offers serviceable coverage to my home address (I live just five miles from the state capitol building) so I had to make sure that my phone supported CDMA (and that Verizon was the Tracfone carrier here).

If you're bound and determined to get a flip phone, find an LG. The membrane buttons are small but serviceable and they aren't cost-reduced to the extreme like the current offerings.

Reactions: Gray Hair
I bought both my wife and I Tracfone Motorola G6 Android smartphones through HSN, at $129.99 each end of 2019. That came with 1500/1500/1500 (Minutes/Data/Texts) AND all my remaining time and such on our non smartphones transferred to the smartphones.

These are our first "smartphones", and VERY EASY to use. Since Tracfone sells a one year smartphone card with 1200/1200/1200 for $125, we feel we got the phones for $5, and extra minutes/data/texts because we bought through HSN. That's just less than $11 a month if you think about it.

VERY happy with them, very easy to use phones. Even my wife figured it out quickly, and she's hopeless when it comes to techie stuff.

I can highly recommend that phone. Here's the link:

What you end up getting must be VOLTE compatable. (voice over lte) My old LGRebel is not , going to activate its replacement, MOTO G6 (again!), this afternoon.

https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebel-4-5-hd-16gb-tracfone-with-1500-minutestextdata/9243351

Looking at this phone at the moment,

Mode: CDMA: BC0,BC1; LTE: B2,B4,B5,B13
"TracFone has network coverage in your area. "

I was wanting to use wholetones

“The Pet player does not have a battery; it must be connected to power in order to play. However, I would suggest downloading the music to mobile device which can carry with you.”

This "Wholetones For Pets - CD" is supposed to have ability to settle shelter dogs, a neighbors. (cats also)

Will the phone do it, they offer a CD, I am guessing it would have to be some how downloaded to the phone from CD.

Any experience with this type of thing?

Whether the phone can do it, or is powerful enough to handle?

Wholetones For Pets - CDte

I bought a ZTE Z233VL flip phone - Sort of a dumb smart phone. To me it's a pain to program but easy to use once set up. Compatible with CDMA(Verizon) - You can download music files to it, although I don't. Like you it's for emergency use, usually the only time it is on is when I want to make a call. Has a speaker phone, though I don't know how long it would play music if it's on. Buy four 90 minute cards - $80. Costs $6.66 a month (80/12). You can transfer minutes from your old phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)