What Cablevision Should Do

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Cablevision is a great service if you dont take into account that there picture quality is horrendous, there DVR is the worst DVR's ever made, The channels take a few years to change, and their internet sucks.

Cablevision is a rich company who has been able to steal all our money for the past 30 years.

Why can't those morons take a little money and make there service FULLY FIBER OPTIC, FIBER TO THE HOME. They have such a small footprint anyway, just NY, NJ, and Connecticut. I mean it would take them at most 2 years. Cablevision has way better channels than Verizon. I mean who the hell wants to wach RETIREMENT CHANNEL ON VERIZON. if they went all fiber optic, sure those greedy bastards would lose some money in the short term, but oh my god will they make money in the long term. They could upgrade there DVR's to not suck , they could have faster channel changing, picture quality on PAR with Verizon, and super fast interenet. Trust me noone would switch to verizon. Cablevision has better exclusive channels like news 12, and other exclusive on demand services. Anyway i think cablevision is dumb. They will lose way more to the people switching to Verizon's superior service, which if they werent so greedy they could match and exceed.

Cablevision is a great service if you dont take into account that there picture quality is horrendous, there DVR is the worst DVR's ever made, The channels take a few years to change, and their internet sucks.

Cablevision is a rich company who has been able to steal all our money for the past 30 years.

Why can't those morons take a little money and make there service FULLY FIBER OPTIC, FIBER TO THE HOME. They have such a small footprint anyway, just NY, NJ, and Connecticut. I mean it would take them at most 2 years. Cablevision has way better channels than Verizon. I mean who the hell wants to wach RETIREMENT CHANNEL ON VERIZON. if they went all fiber optic, sure those greedy bastards would lose some money in the short term, but oh my god will they make money in the long term. They could upgrade there DVR's to not suck , they could have faster channel changing, picture quality on PAR with Verizon, and super fast interenet. Trust me noone would switch to verizon. Cablevision has better exclusive channels like news 12, and other exclusive on demand services. Anyway i think cablevision is dumb. They will lose way more to the people switching to Verizon's superior service, which if they werent so greedy they could match and exceed.

finally someone has come out and said that.

Cablevison's basic internet speed is 15/2 Mbps at no extra charge
FIOS basic internet speed is 5/2 Mbps - to match CV you have to pay extra

PQ has been poor on some channels but once analog is gone we should see a great improvement and more channels. Fiber to the house is not needed for this.

To me the DVR is a wash.

Verizon has been competing with CV for over two years in some spots and still hasn't taken that many subs. CV doesn't need to go to FTTP to compete. I'm in CT so we have at&t not Verizon, believe me, CV doesn't have to worry about at&t's U-verse because it sucks.

Verizon has been competing with CV for over two years in some spots and still hasn't taken that many subs. CV doesn't need to go to FTTP to compete. I'm in CT so we have at&t not Verizon, believe me, CV doesn't have to worry about at&t's U-verse because it sucks.

Well said. If you look at the market that Fios is in. They have done well in other areas but haven't penetrated in the Cablevision System like they thought they would.

Last edited:
Cablevison's basic internet speed is 15/2 Mbps at no extra charge
FIOS basic internet speed is 5/2 Mbps - to match CV you have to pay extra

PQ has been poor on some channels but once analog is gone we should see a great improvement and more channels. Fiber to the house is not needed for this.

To me the DVR is a wash.

Yeah, but Fios does not slow down when most people are online. Fios stays them same speed 24/7. Cablevision slows down big time.

And anyway, i am talking about PQ on digital channels. They suck! I was watching euro news, i thought i was looking through a kaleidoscope.

your misinformed my friend, AT&T is not Fiber to the home, and yes it does suck. But at least they had the common decency to make the channels change quickly and efficiently, unlike Cablevision which just drags. Cablevision is such a drag.

Steal? You have no one to blame but yourself for Cablevision getting your money.

yes STEAL! cablevision was a monpoly for many years, and ripped off its consumers to no end, because they knew that there was no other cable service they could get.

im not saying verizon is any better in terms of pricing. They are no good in that department either. But at least you get a better quality product for the price. Excellent PQ and Sound, great dvr, home media dvr, reliabale internet, but otherwise sucky channels. Ehhhhh what are you going to do?????

OHhhhhhh, and one more thing, with cablevision's switched digital video, channels now take even longer to change! GREAT :(! and if you have a cablecard you lose all your voom hd channels. Verizon wont have this problem cuz they are fully fiber optic.

Also YES CABLEVISION needs to be fully fiber optic, because when you go out and spend thousands of dollars on a new hdtv, you want the best possible picture, and cablevision cant offer that as long as they are not fully fttp. Verizon picture will look stunning on one of those hdtv's. Luckily I dont have an Hdtv and dont plan on getting one soon with the economy and all, but those people with hdtv are probably gonna bite the bullet, lose news 12, and get amazing crystal clear picture quality. Did you know if you pop up an antenna on your roof, youll get better HD quality then cablevision for local channels, and you pay cablevision, you dont pay an antenna.

BUt not all is bad in cablevision land, I really like the addition of music choice on demand. That made me happy :D now i can watch my fav vids when ever i want too. Very NICE!

Oh and another plus, THIS FREE WIFI thing. AMAZING. WOW. thats great. they will definitley kick verizon's butt in that department.

if only cablevision was fttp, it would be perfect

Free wifi
phone plan with optimum world call
PURE FTTP TV, (Excellent quality, unlimited channels, and good channels too)
Reliable super fast internet that never slows down,

THat would be heavenly :)

but apparently these cheapo felipos dont wanna do it, cuz there rich executives have to buy them selves some more rolex's.

LISTEN CABLEVISION, theres always gonna be rolex's, just go all FTTP, youll have the best service in the country, and then make more money, and you can swim in a vat of rolex's :) LOL

I can't really say I've had a problem. I have the SA8300HD DVR (with Apricorn external HD for more storage :)) and optonline (no opt voice). I really only watch HD and my channels switch fast. I am VERY happy with optonline and find it VERY fast.....though I do not have anything to compare it to (other than dial up).

your misinformed my friend, AT&T is not Fiber to the home, and yes it does suck. But at least they had the common decency to make the channels change quickly and efficiently, unlike Cablevision which just drags. Cablevision is such a drag.

It's you're (you are):info
I'm not misinformed:smug
It's questionable that I'm your friend:haha
I never said U-verse was FTTP:no
My channels change fine:yes
:wave

yes STEAL! cablevision was a monpoly for many years, and ripped off its consumers to no end, because they knew that there was no other cable service they could get.

Cable television is a luxury, not a necessity, you are not required to have it. You do realize that our government created their monopoly, and at one time controlled their prices until our brain dead congress took away the price controls? My state still controls the prices my Electric, Gas and Water companies charge but that hasn't stopped them from going through the roof recently.

im not saying verizon is any better in terms of pricing. They are no good in that department either. But at least you get a better quality product for the price. Excellent PQ and Sound, great dvr, home media dvr, reliabale internet, but otherwise sucky channels. Ehhhhh what are you going to do?????

You gave them your money. It was your choice. SAtelliteguy, OTA etc are all options you could of used, or you could of refused service period. TV is not a life needed item, its not like food. You CHOSE to allow them to get your money month after month. They stole nothing sir, you gave willingly.

Cable television is a luxury, not a necessity, you are not required to have it. You do realize that our government created their monopoly, and at one time controlled their prices until our brain dead congress took away the price controls? My state still controls the prices my Electric, Gas and Water companies charge but that hasn't stopped them from going through the roof recently.

Yea just what a free market system needs government price control...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)