Status
Not open for further replies.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
OK, I have not been to a Dentist for I'd say 20-25yrs other then removing all my wisdom teeth (5yrs ago). I do brush, mouth wash 3 days a week approx. :D

But I know that is not enough when it comes to visiting your Dentist twice a year. :rant:

So what can I expect when I do see my Dentist Tomorrow? :eek:

:yikes

Gotta ask - what got you to go back?

If you're having pain- well that could be a filling, a root canal and crown, or even an implant. Receding gums? That's a disease in itself. Maybe several teeth need work. A crown could be 1200-2000. Implants, oh, say around 4k each, and months to complete the process.

Oughta floss, too.

LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! please

I knocked a tooth off about 2 months ago.. and my wife keep on buggin me to get an implant hehe

I got no pain, even if I drink cold or hot

You can expect a cleaning and xrays and a consult. :)

From there you will get your next apt for the repair work, etc. If you are in pain, he may start the root canal or pull the tooth. Pain usually means trouble. No pain, you are not emergency.

You can expect a cleaning and xrays and a consult. :)

From there you will get your next apt for the repair work, etc. If you are in pain, he may start the root canal or pull the tooth. Pain usually means trouble. No pain, you are not emergency.

Cool deal, I am sure they will insist on a deep cleaning too.. we'll see. :D

Probably need a belt sander! ;)

If the nub is still there, you might get by with a crown, rather than an implant. If they give you the choice of implant or bridge, go with the implant.

OK so they took x-rays, then I saw the Dentist. And he said:

"Considering you have not seen the dentist since 1985, your teeth are in good shape. You have 2 cavities, some fillings need to be done as they seem to be cracked or missing spots. And as far as the missing tooth (bottom front) I would recommend a crown or implant."

Oh and he also recommended a 3 session Deep Cleaning which I did make the appointment for. He also said I have gingivitis and its 100% treatable with a special mouth wash he recommended. The cost? $95.00 LOL. So I passed on that.

So I was expecting more damage since it was 1985 when I last visited a dentist for cleaning or treatment.

As far as the $95 gingivitis mouthwash, I was able to google on home remedies and found out that simply mixing warm water with pure lemon juice (straight from the lemon) and rinse with that it would kill the gingivitis effectively. I will go that route and see how it does.

So I have deep cleaning scheduled for the 19th for now.

25yrs and only 2 cavities? LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)