Halloween Mischief

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable Halloween this year. Mine was a deflating experience. Since my wife & daugher were back in Dallas (I was at our VA home on Sunday), I didn't feel like passsing-out candy this year because: 1) I don't feel like buying a costume since my Grinch and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costumes are in Texas and 2) I don't feel like having to explain why I don't have any furniture in the house to the neighbors and their offspring and 3) I just in a bitter mood since I hate missing family events. Anyway, I kept the lights off and jumped into the aerobed early before dark. Nobody rang the doorbell...not until after 9pm. I can only assume they were the "older" kids since 9pm is a little late to be trick 'r treating.

Anyway, I didn't answer the door since I was in my Grinch pajamas and half asleep on the aerobed. The night felt a "little odd" since I have passed-out candy each and every year since the mid-80s. Well, I get ready to leave for work this morning (4:45am) and someone had deflated my two rear tires. Bastards! Not a "huge" deal since they didn't flatten them down to the rim nor did they do any damage...just enough to cause me not to drive on them until I filled-up both tires. Unfortunately, my air-compressor is in Texas, along with the rest of my stuff...so I had to wait until the auto-club dropped by after 9:30am to fill them up.

Anyway, it's pretty funny actually since the kids were mischievious, yet not destructive. The only inconvenience is that I am having to work 'till 8pm (plus an hour drive home) and I'm back up tomorrow morning at 4:00am.

Lessons Learned: always pass-out candy or park in the garage...or suffer the consequences!. :)

The only thing that happened that kinda irked us this year was the kiddo's rang the doorbell at one house and the old man inside opens the door and tells them, "We don't celebrate Halloween. No candy." I didn't think it was very nice and we moved on quickly. I just didn't understand why he even opened the door.

Very sad, but quick thinking on the mother's part makes it less tragic. The glass is half full and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)