What can you use the Smart Card slot for?

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I've been playing with my first FTA receiver, an 1100c for two weeks now and love it. Are there services that use the smart card up there?

There's at least one. My church has a Glorystar receiver with a card in it, they are providing a Beth Moore broadcast of some sort that is apparently encrypted.

card slot

I was under the impression that the BISS-1, BISS-E encryption is built-in to the receiver and receives its KEYS from the FIRMWARE updates. And that the card slot is just for adding additional IRDETO or other types for in-church and other special situations/broadcasts. The built-in cardless BISS-1 BISS-E is an automatic system, as I understand it which is already built-into the receiver. Either the KEYS are transmitted with the FIRMWARE updates or are PRE-SET at manufacturing time of the receiver.

I guess if there is a time when BISS encryption pops up on my Mercury II receiver on a channel, I guess I could try same channel on my DVR1100c receiver, see if it gets it or not. I'm not really sure what Glorystar is planning/going to do with the built-in cardless BISS-1/E feature. Time will tell. All of this assumes that my info on this matter/subject is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts