What channel do you watch on FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes KT2 is edited for content makes no sense they show people getting shot or blown up in a movie but not kissing. I watch anything on Galaxy 19 on any of the sport channels RT, Al Jazeera just about anything thats in English no religious programming or foreign language programming. Pentagon channel, NBC feeds on 72w or cubavision on 30w.

Dan Rose

Thank you all for the great responses. Now you have me shopping for my first FTA system. :)

Any recommendations for a good starter setup and seller?

Here's a good bare minimum system: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEOSATpro-m...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item1c304e40e7

Start with that, and if you like it, you can add a motor later.
buy a Stab motor now if you are in with Both feet. other wise you will be spending to much time aiming for next sat. the Stab hh 100 are the best and easiest to install. but these days hi cost but well worth it. some of mine are over 6 years old.
www.ebay.com/itm/330868887327?

I have a STAB HH90 and I'm extremely glad I spent a few extra bucks on the motor! This thing is rock solid and it moves my 84e ps no problem!

I thought she was his daughter? Same hair...

nope thats his widow. She was a playmate before that. An old episode of "God Talk" which was a segment on the Daily Show talks about it

Need flv player or something to play a .flv video (oh and unzip the file first)

Attachments

• gene scott 4.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 110
Will the larger dish put too much stress on a regular DirecTv mount?

The mast might be suitable if the mast is tall enough to allow the taller dish to clear the roof or other obstacles and the footer plate is well anchored.

We recommend using the tripod support legs to support the increased windload.

It's like saying, "I've got a Ford".
Doesnt mean much without a model ... for that DirecTV mount/pole.

And I -think- the later Ka DTV dishes are on a larger pole, with those support struts Brian mentioned.
Not sure the 36" dish mount will fit bigger pole.
Show us a few pictures, and measure the pole diameter.

The new Slimline mounts use two monopoles for support, and will handle even a motorized setup with ease. I use them on both of my motorized systems.

As for directly mounting a fixed dish (no motor) on them, compatibility would depend on the dish. The Slimline J-pole diameter is 2".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)