What channel does your VOOM box start on?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Geno

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2003
This is probably a stupid question, but is the VOOM box supposed to start up on channel 100? Eons ago, it had the annoying habit of starting up on channel 35, an OTA channel that doesn't even come in because its 100 miles away. At some point after a reset it began starting on 100 HDNews, which I liked just fine.

I had to do my first reset in about 2 months because the last 8 channels added weren't showing up. The reset fixed the 8 channels, but now when I turn on the box, it starts up on 35 again. Is there a simple method to get the box to start up on a certain channel? Thanks very much.

Geno,

For starters go to system settings
Then press 1 (system settings and menu display)
Here you could select voom menu or full screen.

There was a place to set if you wanted to start on last channel visited or voom menu but I can't find it at the moment.

A front panel reset should fix the problem, mine was doing the same thing, starting on a OTA channel that I can't recieve. Front panel reset fixed it. Now it starts on 100

Thanks. Ill try that this afternoon. The reset I did was through the menu. That may well be the difference.

Geno

JaydeeD said:
A front panel reset ...
Let's call it Reboot to distinguish from the Factory Reset

HDFreud said:
Geno,

For starters go to system settings
Then press 1 (system settings and menu display)
Here you could select voom menu or full screen.

There was a place to set if you wanted to start on last channel visited or voom menu but I can't find it at the moment.

Not only the reboot, but also needed to set the above setting to VOOM MENU set me back to 100 from a non-functioning (out of range) OTA channel.

Tim

The front panel reboot worked after the second try. I think you need to have the box on channel 100 when you initiiate the reboot. That worked for me. Now its starts up on 100 again. Thanks, guys!

Well, mine this morning started on 67-1. An OTA channel that is not even active. I am assuming that VOOM is working on the software and they are testing something since so many of us have started to get this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)