what channel is NESNHD?

deathmetal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Quincy MA
espn2 is blacked out in boston,and 434 nesn is not mapping to the hd channel on my 622,has anyone found the channel number for the nesnhd feed?

deathmetal said:
espn2 is blacked out in boston,and 434 nesn is not mapping to the hd channel on my 622,has anyone found the channel number for the nesnhd feed?

Dish doesn't carry the NESN-HD feed. They carry select games in HD but nothing full time like NESN - HD

Sam

I will say that the NESN channel (434) does look better this year or maybe it was just that they actually won an opening day game. It isn't HD but if they do the widescreen wednesday thing this year it should look good even in SD.

Go Sox.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish does not carry NESNHD.

I suspect that we're going to have to wait for DISH to complete the current series of adding HD network affiliates to local markets (at least the top 50) before it turns its attention to RSN's like NESN in HD. I imagine satellite capacity is an issue.

I got this from NESN:

Dear Dish Network Customer:

NESN appreciates your interest in our high definition coverage of the
Red Sox and Bruins home games. NESN and Dish Network have discussed
carriage of these HD games. However, I have no information to offer at
this time.

We will save your email and notify when more information is available
about Dish Network distributing NESN's HD game coverage.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Keisha Hall
Customer Relations

I would think that even if they would offer this, anyone outside of the Boston area would be blacked out of all Sox games. I know when I had the RSN package from Dish...all MLB and NBA games were blacked out...so I dropped it.

I'm a Red Sox fan down here in New Orleans and would love to see them in HD whenever they were on....but I doubt that will ever happen.

The live games are blacked out but replays aren't. Plus NESN has plenty of shows in HD. Pre and post game for both teams and sportsdesk are all in HD. Soon Charlie Moore will be HD :)

Yeah, but I'm not into all of that post and pre game stuff. And I never watch anything replayed. I'm a live-only type of guy.

I suppose eventually all the subscription sports passes you can buy will all be HD one day. That would probably definitely seduce me and cause me to finally get it. For now I'll just watch it on my PC with the MLB.tv $15/month plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)