What channels are you most desperate for Voom to add?

FOr the love of God, NO MORE SPORTS.

TechTV and Food! are what I'm waiting for.

Let me just say that I am new to these forums and am excited about the future outlook for Voom. A couple of channels I wish would be added would be the Regional Sports Networks. I'm in the Boston area and would like to see NESN HD and Fox Sports New England be added. Right now NESN broadcasts all the Red Sox and Bruins home games in HD and FSNE will be broadcasting in HD sometime soon, probably in the Fall. Also I would like to see Gol TV be added to Voom. Even though right now Voom has WorldSport, they still do not have the programming rights like Gol TV do. Gol TV has La Liga (WorldSport got the rights from Gol TV from what's been reported) where they show lots of Real Madrid games, including Real Madrid TV, the club's official channel. Also they show Italian Serie A, leagues from Colombia and Latin America, and international games. Gol TV broadcasts in both Spanish and English and from what I hear will be broadcasting in HD sometime in the future.

for SD:
USA - i'm going to miss Law & Order SVU, Monk and The Dead Zone
HGTV - for the missus

HD:
INHD
INHD2

Tom

(edited to remove HDNet after reading about the politics :D )

Clearly, the only reason that any of us have/want Voom is for the HD. Without the HD, V* would just be a below average DBS. So whatever we get it better be more HD, even if it isn't the clearly most desirable channels: InHD1/2, HDnet/movies!

If we can't have those NOW I'll take whatever is available NOW and hope for those LATER! So AMC-HD, WealthTV, etc.

adding **-HD > not adding anything

adding wanted SD is still better than adding crap HD. No matter how pretty it is, i don't see me watching WealthTV, StyleHD, AuctionHD, etc.

barth2k said:
For me, it's not Hdnet or Inhd. It's.....

Food network and HGTV.

My sister could not believe I subscrribed to a service without these channels. As far as she's concerned, there's nothing worthwhile on cable/sat besides those channels. I try to get her interested in Trading space and some other shows on discovery, but there's no substitute. Then I just say "hey, you don't even LIVE here" and she says "yeah well and w/o Food network and HGTV I have no reason to come here"

I'm only half joking :(

Food Network
HGTV
Fox Sports NW

without these my household simply can't move to VOOM. With these, we'll move as quickly as it takes me to make the phone call.

The RSN's (Comcast Sports Networks and Fox Sports Networks...depending on region) would be absolutely huge for VOOM.

I might be in the minority here but why is everyone so crazy for the Fox sport networks? I have directv and I have alot of them and most are blacked out at night because of major league baseball contracts...and the same happens with the winter sports. I could see if those ch's werent blacked out....but what the hell is on them otherwise? I work at night...so I dont get to watch those ch's, but when I am home they are always showing something that has to be blacked out.

Your local RSN shouldn't be blacked out. There is no point to getting FSN's that aren't for your region.

i'm not desperate for anything, but it would be nice if one of the major satellite companies(maybe VOOM???) carried ALL the network HD feeds....now THAT would get my attention!!!

Would the Fox Sports locals be considered apart from the Fox Sports regionals? With Comcast, I have Fox Sports Detroit and the FS regionals (Atlantic, Central, and Pacific). I rarely watch the regionals but I catch the Red Wings and Tigers on FSDetroit. I'd like to see the local FSNs added.

Fox Sports Detroit
FoodTV

G4/Tech
HGTV
DIY
Lifetime/LMN (for my wife)

My Top 10 Wish List for Voom

1. Food Network
2. HGTV
3. Trio
4. Discovery Suite
5. Lifetime
6. National Geographic Channel
7. MTV / VH1 Suite
8. NBA TV
9. InHD 1 & 2
10. College Sports TV

I just signed up to VOOM in Las Vegas. I do love the lineup they have already. The channels I'd love for them to add are................

Food Network
The Horror Channel (THC is very different for Monsters HD)
HGTV
CMT
UPN
HBO On Demand
Showtime On Demand
Starz On Demand
Cinemax On Demand
The Anime Network
Nick GaS (Games and Sports)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)