What Channels Could you not live without...

I have not heard that Directv will broadcast the HD version of MSNBC on June 29th therefor I would not want to be a Directv subscriber.

I have not heard that Directv will broadcast the HD version of MSNBC on June 29th therefor I would not want to be a Directv subscriber.
Never watch MSNBC so it doesn't bother me. Actually, looking at their ratings it doesn't look like to many others care either. :p

For me it was the Voom channels. Since they have been removed the only thing keeping me with Dish is the remainder of a contract that runs out soon. Once the contract runs out I'll be canceling Dish in favor of OTA and the internet.

Mario

Direct carries USA HD.

Remember that the question is, "What channels do you currently get with Dish and Directv doesn't offer that you couldn't live without or that keeps you as a Dish sub?"

List the channels that Dish offers and Directv doesn't. There could not be many, exclude RSNs.

List the channels that Dish offers and Directv doesn't. There could not be many, exclude RSNs.
I wouldn't be able to list RSNs anyway, since Dish does not offer any RSNs that Direct does not offer themselves.

As far as all of the HD channels, there are a lot that Dish offers that Direct does not:

Basic Channels

BET
BET Jazz
Fashion
Hallmark Moview
Lifetime
Lifetime Moview
Logo
MAV
Travel
WGN
WFN

Premium Channels
Action Max
5 Star
Encore
HBO Comedy
HBO Latino
HBO 2 East
HBO Signature
HBO Family
HBO Zone

Out of all of these, the only ones I would even place in my guide would be Travel, WGN, and MAV. The only one I really want is Travel (I wouldn't mind WGN for the Cubs, but most games are on CSN anyway and those that aren't I can usually watch on another feed).

Dish is currently the true nationwide HD leader

I would miss the monthly Cahrlie Chats!!:p:eek::rant:

LOL
He could save money of production and just do a newsletter to give the perception of transparency. I wonder if that would lower people's monthly subscription rates by a penny.
:hatsoff:

I kid, I kid.

I would really miss NESN, Showtime and HBO.

Sorry dKing... swing and a miss for me.

Last edited:
funny and ironic considering all the posts deleted here in this thread.

Ahhh, I get it. The only thing lamer than arguing about news channels is deleting said arguments.

I love how discussion of what news channel you prefer is considered "political discussion", yet if anyone tries to accuse a channel of any sort of political bias, the people who like it get all upset.

I have a package that includes Encore HD. It is pretty cool to watch things I own on DVD in HD, that way I do not have to buy the Blu-ray. And Travel HD has some real gems, namely Bizarre Foods and MvF. Man vs. Food is a well spent half hour. Adam has a blog that let's you know where he is going so if he comes to your town you can meet him. There is also some blonde who likes to show off her top shelf abs in a bikini. Is Bridget her name? Who cares? She is an eyefull. Fashion and WFN are like fish tanks - just look at it. Makes for decent background noise.

Discovery Channel, but I can get all the shows on iTunes and watch them through the computer or Apple TV that I may own in the future. I casually follow sports, but don't really watch it unless it's a major event. So sports on TV doesn't really matter. Six months left on the Dish contract.

There is also some blonde who likes to show off her top shelf abs in a bikini. Is Bridget her name? Who cares? She is an eyefull.

Bridget Marquardt. You should have seen the episode where she and her girlfriend skinny dip in the pool at a spa in Thailand.

bsb_ss_f_thailand_004.jpg

Oh yeah, channels I couldn't live without. Let's see, ummm...496?

This is not a perfect world and to be honest I have more than one service besides Dish, so if Dish does not have a channel sometimes the other service has it even though there are some channels not carried by either service and therefore I have to hope one of my services gets it. I get most channels. I guess I am bragging and I have nothing to complain about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)