What channels on KU HD that are not on SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I am thinking about upgrading to a HD receiver. I have a motorized mount KU dish but I can't got 30w. My arc is about from 69 to maybe 130. I looked for some kind of list that shows HD programs But I can't seem to find one. I like most everything programing wise except I'm not a big sports fan. I really like channels like RTN. What could I get if I upgrade to a HD receiver.

Not much HD, BUT the current crop of HD receivers support DVB-S2 8psk modulation, of which there are an increasing number of feeds . DVB-S2 8psk allows broadcasters to get more programming into less satellite bandwidth, which decreases their costs of transmission. For example, most of 125W Ku, the PBS feeds satellite, is either HD or DVB-S2 8psk, or both. You may find that you'll need a larger dish to reliably acquire the DVB-S2 8psk signals, they are more challenging .
Hope this helps.
Obviously I'm trying to sell you a new receiver !! :)

103w NBC
125w PBS

Several channels on each sat. worth the upgrade to DVD-S2.
There are others, every time you land on a channel that has a bunch of lines, thats a channel you could be watching with S2.

PLUS, if you have the room, why limit yourself to KU only? With only a 6 foot C Band dish you open a whole other world.

But I agree with Brent and Pixl, you will find that HD isn't the ONLY thing up there that an HD receiver will open for you.

At the top of this and every page on Satellite guys (dot) US you'll see a link in the blue bar section right below the sponsors links, "The List." Click on that, it'll help show you the channels that you can see now and those that you would see if you have one of the HD receivers.

Just trying to help.

Photto

I am thinking about upgrading to a HD receiver. I have a motorized mount KU dish but I can't got 30w. My arc is about from 69 to maybe 130. I looked for some kind of list that shows HD programs But I can't seem to find one. I like most everything programing wise except I'm not a big sports fan. I really like channels like RTN. What could I get if I upgrade to a HD receiver.

Just noticed you're in Goshen, Ohio .. I spent 5th grade thru high school in Milford . Just sold my mom's house there a couple months ago, after she passed away. Southern Ohio weather is nasty. Too hot in summer, no road crews for the winter storms... you need to move up here, or conversely get into North Carolina. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.