What College Athlete did you hope would make it but never did

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I was just thinking of a couple of past college athletes that I followed a few years back and was excited that they got drafted but never really made it in the pros. A few were cut early and a few would get cut sign with another team, then another but just could not cut it for whatever reason.

One that comes to mind for me was Bobby Hurley, good point guard in college but could never make it in the NBA, then I if I rememeber right was involoved in a bad car accident during a comeback

Any thoughts.....These dont have to be star athletes, they can be guys you followed in college and hoped to see in the Majors!!

Danny Wuerffel.

He took a beating in Spurrier's offense and won the Gators a national title and a Heisman. But unfortunately he did not have the arm strength for a an NFL system.

But he has gone on to do amazing things with his life since than.

One that comes to mind for me was Bobby Hurley, good point guard in college but could never make it in the NBA, then I if I rememeber right was involoved in a bad car accident during a comeback

You could devote this whole thread to dookies who were draft busts if you wanted to. :haha

anders,

your Tar Heels aren't immune.

Whatever happened to Eric Montross? Played a key role in their 1993 championship and became one of the more underrated NBA busts.

anders,

your Tar Heels aren't immune.

Whatever happened to Eric Montross? Played a key role in their 1993 championship and became one of the more underrated NBA busts.

Eric Montross= One of the worst draft picks in Celtics history!

Not wanting to turn this into the Eric Montross was he good or bad thread...LOL But I do remember when he was a Detroit Piston!!

Eric Montross= One of the worst draft picks in Celtics history!

Montross just didn't have NBA talent., but Jerome Moiso was a much worse pick.

I wanted Holy Cross guard Ronnie Perry Jr. to make it, but he really didn't have the talent. In his senior year playing point guard at Holy Cross, he only had a handful fo turnovers for the entire season.

Everyone but Jimmy Johnson wanted Doug Flutie to have a better career than he did.

Montross just didn't have NBA talent., but Jerome Moiso was a much worse pick.

I agree. However, I think the Michael Smith (BYU) pick was worse than both.

Here's a list of players chosen AFTER Smith in the 1989 draft:

Tim Hardaway, Shawn Kemp, B.J. Armstrong, Blue Edwards, Vlade Divac, Sherman Douglas, and Cliff Robinson. UGH!!!!!

Jim Jackson ....
Had a Great college career at Ohio State, then went on to the NBA and played for many years on many teams.
I would guess that he was a average maybe slightly better than that NBA player, what do you all think ?

Jimbo

Drew Hall, because he was from my hometown

Ramy, what about your UK boy J-Lo, Jared Lorensen? (at LSU we liked to call him "Fat Bastard"). I really wanted him to make pro. Whatever happen to him?

06_0824_12.jpg

Ramy, what about your UK boy J-Lo, Jared Lorensen? (at LSU we liked to call him "Fat Bastard"). I really wanted him to make pro. Whatever happen to him?

06_0824_12.jpg

He was on the colts roster as of last week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)