what colour are 90cm fortec star dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rd100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Wales, UK
I am in the UK Europe up until now i have only seen fortec star dishes in white but now i see companies in the uk selling dark gray colour 90cm fortec star dishes have fortec star switch colours on the dishes or has the seller repainted them?

I have a bright white 90cm dish that's several years old.
Now days, they come in a charcoal color.
Or at least I think they do.
That changed some time in 2008.
I'd swear Sadoun himself said so, but after exhaustive searches, I cannot prove it.
So, just consider it a strong rumor. - :cool:

Anole

You are right. The 120CM dishes used to be in white and early 2008 Fortec started making them in dark gray.

Now the new 80 & 90cm dishes we are getting from Fortec I suspect it will be in dark gray as well. I am waiting for the shipment to arrive anytime now.

So our friend from the UK is correct on what he is seeing over there.

Here is the dish i have seen new fortec star 90 cm satellite dish sat lnb + bracket on eBay, also, Dishes, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 17-Aug-08 20:52:04 BST)

Also sadoun do you have any experience with the 1.5. offset fortec star dish?

Anole

You are right. The 120CM dishes used to be in white and early 2008 Fortec started making them in dark gray.

Now the new 80 & 90cm dishes we are getting from Fortec I suspect it will be in dark gray as well. I am waiting for the shipment to arrive anytime now.

So our friend from the UK is correct on what he is seeing over there.

Also sadoun do you have any experience with the 1.5. offset fortec star dish?
I never knew they existed 'till I heard guys from different countries asking about them.
If anyone sells them in Canada or the USA, they don't make much noise about it.

Plus, over here, anything you need on Ku can probably be handled by 1.0m (1.2m if you're a fanatic).
Then, even though a few play with C-band on 1.2's, the 1.8m and above are preferred.
So, I can see why 1.5's are not around...

edit: this Sadoun page says no more white 120cm, and gray is the replacement color.
Knew I'd seen it somewhere. ;)

we never got the 1.5m Offset dish because it is very expensive to ship and pack. If not packed correctly (and that is expensive), it will get damaged.

Looks like Fortec is keeping the Gray color on the 80 & 90cm for Europe only. The New 90cm dishes we got are off-white.

So, the small ones stay white, eh?

Oh, and here's a great picture from Sadoun's site showing relative sizes of dishes, all packed to ship out to us.
A large part of $hipping that one-piece 120cm dish inside the US, is due to the rules on over-sized packages.
It's not all that heavy, but you get treated as if it was.
The 150 would be even worse.

Plus, lots of the 90cm get damaged in shipping all the time.
The UPS guy (or whoever) just doesn't take care , and dings the rim.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)