What Comcast DVR can record the most hours of HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Baseball_Guy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
What Comcast DVR is the best and can record the most hours of HD?

Can a bigger hard drive be added? Is there room for a second hard drive?

What Comcast DVR is the best and can record the most hours of HD?

Can a bigger hard drive be added? Is there room for a second hard drive?

Any of their DVRs that end with a 16, 6416/3416. There is no way to add drives or go higher. All of this assumes the Motorola DVR. If your area uses the Scientific Atlanta (not likely) you have the ability to add an extra drive.

Any of their DVRs that end with a 16, 6416/3416. There is no way to add drives or go higher. All of this assumes the Motorola DVR. If your area uses the Scientific Atlanta (not likely) you have the ability to add an extra drive.

How many hours of HD can the 6416/3416 record? Can the hard drive be swapped out for a larger one to increase recording space? For example, if the comcast DVR has a 300 gig hard drive, can I take out the 300 gig and put in a 750 gig hard drive?

How many hours of HD can the 6416/3416 record? Can the hard drive be swapped out for a larger one to increase recording space? For example, if the comcast DVR has a 300 gig hard drive, can I take out the 300 gig and put in a 750 gig hard drive?

You can record about 20 hours of HD on a 160gig HD. You cannot trade out a larger HD, the software will only get you to 160gig.

BTW, I said 160mb in my earlier post and I meant gig instead.