What comes with the 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chazno

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I'm getting upgraded this weekend. Will the 622 come with an HDMI cable or just component? I just want to know so I can get anything I'll need before hand.

Thanks!

I didn't even get the component cables with my factory/dealer-sourced 622 in May (composite/S-video/L+R audio and some other worthless CATV patch cables only). I was warned about that so I ordered an HDMI/HDMI cable with the 622 from the dealer. I really doubt the installer will supply one but he might perhaps supply component cables if your unit doesn't come with them. Order what you think you might need from an online source like www.monoprice.com. They're cheap enough that way that even if you have a duplication you're not out much $$. I'd advise connecting both the component and HDMI cables and do a comparision to see which you prefer. If you do use HDMI as your preferred connection you will have component cables connected in case you have any issues with the HDMI output. Just my 2-cents worth, YMMV...

(PS - With component connections you will also need separate L+R audio cables connected. Also - be very gentle with the HDMI connection...!)

Last edited:
The 622 High Def Receiver does not come with any high def cables at all
not even component cables.

The installation company for many parts of Ohio, Digital Dish, appears to be throwing component cables into the boxes of 622 units. They will NOT supply HDMI, nor DVI, cables. Why ?? Not every HDTV has those connections, but I'm 99% sure they all have component inputs.

I understand Dish used to include multiple cables with other HD receivers but if a customer didn't use them, that was wasted $$$ for Dish and ultimately for customers.

srs913 said:
The 622 High Def Receiver does not come with any high def cables at all
not even component cables.
Phils said:
A month ago, the factory sealed box my installer brought included component and composite cables but no HDMI.

Phil

Glad to see this question is answered. Next.....

My 622 was delivered to my doorstep today. I am in the process of calling the CSR (on hold) to activate my DVR. Believe it or not, it came with a HDMI cable. It's about a 3' cable...and is too short for me to use. I'll sell it on eBay to recoop my $199 lease deal.

fenwah said:
My 622 was delivered to my doorstep today. I am in the process of calling the CSR (on hold) to activate my DVR. Believe it or not, it came with a HDMI cable. It's about a 3' cable...and is too short for me to use. I'll sell it on eBay to recoop my $199 lease deal.

Hardly worth it... I just bought an HDMI cable from eBay for $7 delivered...

I install 622's on a daily basis, factory sealed from dish, they do not come with any high def cables what so ever.

DN equipment comes to a retailer with "component" video. Red, Green, Blue.-Simply video. It's not 1080i HD, so find the cheapest HDMI cable-meanint don't spend $100 at a chain store. Search the net and save.

TommyTDFVC said:
DN equipment comes to a retailer with "component" video. Red, Green, Blue.-Simply video. It's not 1080i HD, so find the cheapest HDMI cable-meanint don't spend $100 at a chain store. Search the net and save.

What are you talking about? Component cables do provide HD video. The differences between component and HDMI is analog vs digital and the fact that HDMI can carry audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)