What Concert in the Past would you have like to have seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Say you have Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine... which Concert or Concert's would you go see?
Woodstock, Monterrey Pop... Bachman Turner Overdrive in their prime, Deep Purple Live in Japan... Meat Loaf before his voice problem... these just off the top of my head... ;)

My concert wish list!

The concert at Filmore East that became the Allman Brothers Live.

The Beatles (without the screaming fainting fans)

Jimi Hendrix

Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Jopin

The premier performance of Beethoven's 5th symphony, conducted by Beethoven himself, in December 1808.

Well.... let me try and think?????
There are a lot I would have liked to have seen...
At the Top of the List would be any of the Beatles Concerts..!!!
of course it's to late for that to happen now, it ended with John Lennon's death
Then there is a close 2nd place, I would have also liked to have seen...
Elvis..!!!!
had more than enough chances, but always thought I could see him next year........

Say you have Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine... which Concert or Concert's would you go see?
Woodstock, Monterrey Pop... Bachman Turner Overdrive in their prime, Deep Purple Live in Japan... Meat Loaf before his voice problem... these just off the top of my head... ;)

Saw Meatloaf on his Bat out of Hell release tour But I would have to say
Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Janis Joplin,Johnny Cash, Elvis and Sinatra

Yeah, I went to see a Pink Floyd cover band do the Wall concert about 8 years ago and that was awesome. I can only imagine it live from the actual real band!

I saw Pink Floyd live at Three Rivers stadium I think it was during there "The Division Bell" tour. It was a great freaking concert, but it would of been better if Roger Waters was there.

Metallica before Cliff Burton died.

I actually had a 2nd row seat for one of those concerts. This was back when Metallica was just moving from being a opening back to head linining, so I had already seen them about 3 times in the past year (Dokken seamed to open for everyone at the time). Anyway, I went to a Metallica/Twisted Sister show without a ticket with a bunch of friends. I figured I'd just pick up a ticket at the show.

Well, we ran into a scalper who had a single 2nd row ticket that he couldn't get rid of. So I was able to bum the extra money from my friends and got it for like $25 instead of the already insane face value of $14 for the ticket. :D

Well the concert was great and I even got a guitar pick. It was thrown out the crowed and landed on the floor under the front row seats. We all dove down and tried to grab it. I saw the green metalica pick on the floor and right before I could grab it, someone else's hand slapped down on top of it. Being the teenage a$$hole that I was, I made a knuckle with my middle finder and slammed it down on top of the hand. When it recoiled in pain, I then snatched up the pick. I rose to face a much larger foe and feared that I was in for a ass-kicking. But he seemed to shrug it off as "thats the way it is" and lived to escape with my sock drawer trophy. A green Metallica pick.

But one tour that I always regret missing was Van Halen's 1984 tour. I figured I'd see them the following year, but who was to know that they were about to break up? Argh!!! I even think that they had four shows around here for that tour.

Great question and you guys have already mentioned all my favs. I have mentioned to my kids a number of times how I wish I could have seen the Beatles in concert. Probably second would be Pink Floyd The Wall 1980. The one Band I want to make sure I see before it's to late is U2, I feel it would be like missing a chance to see the Beatles. I saw Van Halen in 1986 in Seattle, the last time with Roth (not counting the recent tour). That was a great concert. I am happy I got to see Rush a couple times in the last few years. Also the Ramones would have been cool to see.

Brad

I saw Pink Floyd live at Three Rivers stadium I think it was during there "The Division Bell" tour. It was a great freaking concert, but it would of been better if Roger Waters was there.

Saw Pink Floyd right after Animals came out at Miami baseball stadium, WOW! Would have loved to see The Wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.