What considered a good or even great signal strength.

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hi all,
So at the end of the August I had to get on my roof to clean out my gutters and as luck would have it my dish is right near the only place I can (safely) use a ladder to get on the roof. So I bumped into the dish slightly and ever since then I noticed I get a glitch about every 15 or 20 minutes in my signal mainly on the 4K Joeys. The Hopper 3 seems like it doesn't glitch or at least I haven't noticed.
So I was going to try to slightly adjust the dish to get a better signal strength. Right now I at about an average of 50 out of 125 for signal strength on all the satellites. Is this a good signal? Is it possible to get near 100 or even 125? Just curious as to what I should shoot for before I get on the ladder and bust out the wrench and start messing with it.
Thanks!
G Islands.

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
35 and above are good viewable signal. The higher the signal, the less you'll experience rain fade and other obstructions. 50 is pretty solid of a signal, 75 would be Stellar. At 50, you really shouldn't see many problems.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I get sats 110, 119, and 129. I have a HWS. I get 63 on 110 and 83 on 119 and 129 here in NW Florida. I do not know what the minimum acceptable is or what sats you get or where in Calif you are located. All of these effect your signal strength. I have one 3LNB dish. May a Dish rep can tell you what the minimum is, but 50s seem kind of low for all three sats. I think that the highest I have read about here is 90, so I do not think anyone get 125. Other can chime in with what they get. If you have a signal meter or can set up a tv near your dish, you can gently tug the top of the dish and sides of the dish one direction at a time and see if the signal improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)