What considered a good or even great signal strength.

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hi all,
So at the end of the August I had to get on my roof to clean out my gutters and as luck would have it my dish is right near the only place I can (safely) use a ladder to get on the roof. So I bumped into the dish slightly and ever since then I noticed I get a glitch about every 15 or 20 minutes in my signal mainly on the 4K Joeys. The Hopper 3 seems like it doesn't glitch or at least I haven't noticed.
So I was going to try to slightly adjust the dish to get a better signal strength. Right now I at about an average of 50 out of 125 for signal strength on all the satellites. Is this a good signal? Is it possible to get near 100 or even 125? Just curious as to what I should shoot for before I get on the ladder and bust out the wrench and start messing with it.
Thanks!
G Islands.

35 and above are good viewable signal. The higher the signal, the less you'll experience rain fade and other obstructions. 50 is pretty solid of a signal, 75 would be Stellar. At 50, you really shouldn't see many problems.

I get sats 110, 119, and 129. I have a HWS. I get 63 on 110 and 83 on 119 and 129 here in NW Florida. I do not know what the minimum acceptable is or what sats you get or where in Calif you are located. All of these effect your signal strength. I have one 3LNB dish. May a Dish rep can tell you what the minimum is, but 50s seem kind of low for all three sats. I think that the highest I have read about here is 90, so I do not think anyone get 125. Other can chime in with what they get. If you have a signal meter or can set up a tv near your dish, you can gently tug the top of the dish and sides of the dish one direction at a time and see if the signal improves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts