What constitutes a "low beam area" re: unable to get a Hopper 3?

WynsWrld98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Puyallup, WA
Can someone explain what Dish means by low beam? I am in an area with very tall Fir trees incl on my acre lot with very little clearings, current side by side 2 dish install (Hopper 2) mounted high side of house aimed over some tall Fir trees (installed by Dish).

Just trying to understand when Dish flags an account as low beam is due to what part of Country they live in? Or can be very house-specific and flagged by installer when my 2 sat dishes were installed years ago?

My account is flagged as a "low beam area" unable to get a Hopper 3 (at this time).

I checked the signal strength of 110, 119 and 129 sats last night and they're all in the low to mid-50s which sounds low to me.

I'm in a suburb of Seattle/Tacoma WA.

Can someone explain what Dish means by low beam? I am in an area with very tall Fir trees incl on my acre lot with very little clearings, current side by side 2 dish install (Hopper 2) mounted high side of house aimed over some tall Fir trees (installed by Dish).

Just trying to understand when Dish flags an account as low beam is due to what part of Country they live in? Or can be very house-specific and flagged by installer when my 2 sat dishes were installed years ago?

My account is flagged as a "low beam area" unable to get a Hopper 3 (at this time).

I checked the signal strength of 110, 119 and 129 sats last night and they're all in the low to mid-50s which sounds low to me.

I'm in a suburb of Seattle/Tacoma WA.
In can't be the part of the country since I'm about 50 miles from you and I'm watching my H3 right now. That's a real bummer!!

Finally! RandallH was able to update my account to match the orbitals I am actually pulling in and viola no low beam error and an appointment has been set.

I too have been designated in a low beam area (Rogers, AR) and am trying to get a Hopper 3. My signal strengths are 69 to 71. Is there a way to get reclassified?

Dish "Low Beam" is BS for, "You are looking at 4 sats and we don't want to pay the extra expense of providing an additional reflector and supporting equipment that is required to integrate that 4th sat in your system, so until the DPH42 comes out, we are gonna just say you have "low beam" so you will go away and stop trying to get a Hopper 3."

Oh, yes. There are others on this forum who were told "Low Beam" ONLY because Dish had them in the database as looking at 118.7, which is virtually co-located with 119, but when it was confirmed they were, in fact, NOT looking at a co-located 4th sat, then the "Low Beam" technical issue magically disappeared. How are we to believe that "Dish is listening" when they create such fantasies to explain what is really a business decision NOT to install either H3's looking at 4th sats or TWO H3's until, presumably, the DPH42 is available here in the USA (reported already in use in PR and for multiple H3's). Well, Dish, LISTEN TO THIS:

JUST BE HONEST WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS AND TELL THEM YOU DON'T SUPPORT CERTAIN INSTALLS AT THIS TIME WITHOUT MAKING UP FALSE TECHNICAL ISSUES REGARDING REFUSALS FOR CERTAIN INSTALLS, AND ASK THEIR PATIENCE AS DISH WILL HAVE A SOLUTION "SOON," OR PUT PEOPLE ON A MAILING LIST FOR WHEN MULTIPLE H3 INSTALLS OR H3 WITH 4TH SAT INSTALL WILL BE AVAILABLE!

Again, lack of TRUTHFUL communication with its customers and no amount of ads about "the Listener" is going to bring back the people on this forum who went to the competition because they were denied an H3 w/4th sat or multiple H3 install. At least way back, both the Charlie Chats and Tech Forums were truthful to customers regarding issues of Dish's policies. That's the way to listen, and then communicate to your customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts