What could Directv possibly have been thinking?...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
With it's inability to scan for for OTA locals, (my old Tivo could), why in the world would Directv have designed the HR20 to "not scan locals", when I understand the H20 can? Does that make any sense? And is that something that could be corrected with a firmware update?

With it's inability to scan for for OTA locals, (my old Tivo could), why in the world would Directv have designed the HR20 to "not scan locals", when I understand the H20 can? Does that make any sense? And is that something that could be corrected with a firmware update?

I'm sure it's something that could be changed in the future.
D* probably figure this way they could have all the available cities with each network pre programmed in the software, why it will not scan to add addl. channels , I don't know.

Jimbo

Well, the REAL question you should be asking is - what WAS D* thinking by NOT having OTA tuning AT ALL in BOTH new HD boxes? (H21/HR21) :eek: :rolleyes:
I don't see D* carrying ALL the locals in HD in all markets anytime soon, & they definitely will NOT be carrying any/all subchannels, either. Hell for that matter, they will never be carrying EVERY LIL market - period!

Absolute stupidity on their part...

Amen too that!
Thats why I went out and bought the HR20, just to make sure I got one. Of course it's still not mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts