What Digital Receiver do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kycableguy

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
If someone could help me please. I have Insight cable and I get HBO and Cinemax. Recently Insight is posting that unless you get a digital receiver you will no longer be able to receive HBO and Cinemax. I would rather buy 1 and use that one than rent one from Insight. Can anyone tell me what brand and model number is good for Insight and where I can purchase 1 at a reasonable price. Insight is outragous with their prices.

Thank you.

If someone could help me please. I have Insight cable and I get HBO and Cinemax. Recently Insight is posting that unless you get a digital receiver you will no longer be able to receive HBO and Cinemax. I would rather buy 1 and use that one than rent one from Insight. Can anyone tell me what brand and model number is good for Insight and where I can purchase 1 at a reasonable price. Insight is outragous with their prices.

Thank you.

i'll put this as simply as i can

YOU CANT.

No cable provider that i know of, and for shure not Insight, will allow you to buy a box and use it on there system. Dont be confused with the ebay sellers selling them, most times there stolen, left behind by apartment tennants and are being sold by the propery/maintence person, ect....

Insight has a digital box thats 4.95/month in my district, i would just get that.

Last time I checked you could get a cable card from insight for $2 a month.

What i don't know is if you can then install it in the back of a dct box from ebay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts