What dish combo do I need for all available HDTV in Connecticut?

SaladShooter

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Sorry to make this my first post but I am confused and the installer is as clueless as I am. I searched the archives but can't get a definitive answer.

I just recieved a 622 receiver. What dish or dishes do I need to see all HDTV programming that Dish has to offer in Connecticut?

At the moment I have a Dish 500 with dual LMB. Dish is offering me a Dish 1000 but I can't figure out if that will get me the rest of the HDTV stations without a second dish pointed at 61.5.

Thanks

Grady

I'm in CT also. You WILL need a second dish aimed at 61.5. With this you will get the Voom channels. I think ESPN2HD and perhaps Universal are aquired from there as well. If/When Dish rolls out Hartford locals for us, I presume they will be from 61.5 too.

Just spoke to advanced technical support at Dish again. They are saying that the Dish 1000 will do everything I need with 110, 119, and 129. I'm not too confident that they are right. Anyone else want to chime in here?

SaladShooter said:
Just spoke to advanced technical support at Dish again. They are saying that the Dish 1000 will do everything I need with 110, 119, and 129. I'm not too confident that they are right. Anyone else want to chime in here?

The look angle for 129 in Ct is too low. You'll need a second dish pointed at 61.5 in order to get the programming.

Sam

Assuming you are right about 61.5.... and everything I read says you are then I can keep the Dish 500 and add a dish for 61.5?

SaladShooter said:
Assuming you are right about 61.5.... and everything I read says you are then I can keep the Dish 500 and add a dish for 61.5?

Correct that's the only way to do it .. the separation between 110 and 61.5 is too large for them to come up with a "Dish1000" eastern kinda dish. It's a two dish solution only.

Sam

pdxsam said:
The look angle for 129 in Ct is too low. You'll need a second dish pointed at 61.5 in order to get the programming.

Sam
It's not just the look angle, the bird at 129 has an offset CONUS footprint. The chances of getting a reliable signal up there are just about zero.

I have a clueless installer who doesn't know that you need to get the 61.5 bird... he told me he thought there was a total of 6 HD stations available.... lol

Then I have Dish advanced tech telling me that the 129 sat is ok and the Dish1000 will do all I need. I'm sure Hartford locals wouldn't be there when they launch even if a weak signal could be aquired.

Tommorow is the third time they will be at my house. I have managed to get the work order to include a dish for the 61.5 so it should go smoothly this time.

HDTV in CT

I have just had my 811 replaced by a 211 (installed the day after I called!). I already had a DISH 500 and a second dish aimed at 61.5. I was told that there was no need to swap to a Dish 1000. I can now see all the available HDTV channels, plus a number of local stations in HD, from New York though (I am in southern CT).

I was also told by the tech guy I talked to when I upgraded my receiver, that later this year Dish will offer an upgrade to 622, even if you have already upgraded to a 211, for example, even within 12 months from first upgrade.

This is very important news to me because I also have a 522 which I plan to switch to a 622 when I get a second HDTV set.

Moderately happy :)

im in the Philly area just had a 211 installed the texh installed a dish 300 next to the dish 500 get all hd channels the 300 is at 61.5 so no you wont need a dish 1000.

Finally.... a knowedgable installer put up the 61.5 dish and got me going.

The trouble occured because I asked for a Vip622 on the first day they were released and their system for the orders, wasn't in place . Even though I requested a platinum pack, the order was only put through for the receiver. The dish installation is linked to the programing, not the Vip622 install.

Tori Amos looked pretty good in HD this morning.... though you could see the pancake makeup she was wearing...LOL

Dish's software should prevent the poor CSR's from thinking or ordering a D1000 for people in areas who can't use them.

One would also hope that should an installer in Connecticut would know to not try to install a D1000 even if the order form specified one.

The installer called me the night before with a Dish CSR on the line to tell me that the work order was wrong and he would be putting in a second Dish500 for the 61.5 feeds.

satellite problem

East Coat CBS HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts