What Dish/Direct LNBFs are good for FTA???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I have been reading many things on this site and learning alot and sometimes getting confused a little. What LNBFs from Directv systems or DISH systems are suitable for legal FTA??? I thought that all of the LNBFs on the little dishes were for circular signals only!?!?!? After reading some threads it sounds like some are or can be set up for linear. Which ones are the good ones??? I am pretty sure the LNBFs off of the old 18" dishes were not good for much. I have some leads on some newer style dishes and want to latch on to them if I know that they work for FTA. My pile of the older style dishes is getting big and I know that they are limited to certain legal uses only and I think I have enough of those!

The LNB's off the 18"/20" dishes are circular

the LNB off the Superdish has both a linear and 2 circular LNB's. The linear one will work for FTA just fine (few of us have used them) but they have to say "FSS" on them. If they look like a normal LNB, then its circular

Thanks! That makes sense! I think that the linear LNBF had something to do with the local channels and possibly some religious channels. A neighbor gave me their Dish 500 which was set for religious programming only and it had just one LNBF (It has a yoke to mount 2!) and I think that one might be linear. They paid a lot of money just to get a few channels and I told them that most of those channels are available on a FTA system. Also some "know it all" tried telling me that all LNBFs work for FTA and he gets everything on his. Now that I think about it again, HE was a pirate!!!

that dish was probably for Sky Angel which was circular

a Superdish has a weird looking LNB...usually a long shaft behind the "eye"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts