What dish is used to receive standard programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I cannot overstate how easy this was to do. :) I forgot how good PQ satellite is compared to cable. The SD looks HD compared to Mediacrap :)

I agree Larry
My buddy had Medicaom here in MN and it was horrible. The analog channels had wavy lines and static in them. Digital channels looked like (and you'll understand what I'm talking about) some of those ethnic channels on 97W...all compressed and yuck.

The best was they carried an out of market (for him at least) CBS (KEYC from Mankato). You could tell it was picked up OTA because it would have static and breakups and when it stormed it looked horrible. Sad part is they were picking it up OTA from a main site about 20 miles from the towerr

The digital channels we had would pixelate at least once every min or two. We lost signal more than we ever dine with Dish or DTV. THen the outages....hours or days at a time :(

Well Fed Ex showed up this AM with the Directv OTA Tuner I ordered Wed. Unit looks nice and is AWESOME! REal slick! I also got the phone lines hooked up and both receivers on the home network :)

Guess the OP can do a self install
The question wasn't whether the OP could perform a self-install but whether or not DIRECTV would send the equipment. DIRECTV did not.

DIRECTV doesn't send equipment.

DIRECTV DOES discourage self-installing.

Call DTV - ask them if you can do a self install. THey will tell you yes, no problem. Not sure why your so stubborn on this. Even their website says you can. End of discussion.

DIRECTV says:
DIRECTV Self-installation page said:
We recommend taking advantage of our affordable professional installation. Our customers who engage a pro typically have fewer technical concerns after installation. If you decide to self-install and have questions, please give us a call at 1-800-DIRECTV.

DIRECTV doesn't send equipment.
yes they did. They sent it to the retailer who he bought he from. :)

DIRECTV DOES discourage self-installing.

yet you posted
We recommend taking advantage of our affordable professional installation. Our customers who engage a pro typically have fewer technical concerns after installation. If you decide to self-install and have questions, please give us a call at 1-800-DIRECTV.

so you contradicted yourself ;)

All I paid out of my pocket was $99 for the extra HR23-700 receiver (got 2 total). Walked out with the receivers - new in sealed boxes and a slimline 3 lnb and all parts. They even gave me 2 bags of lag bolts. They also said if I had any issues or wanted them to come out and peak the dish just call them. What a fun day it was! :)

How did you get the HR23-700 for only $99? $99 landed me a H20-100

My locals used to be on 72.5w. As of June they are only installing the HD receivers since they are delivering my locals in HD. So, anyone in these markets that want standard def only gets HD setups for no extra charge. I did go ahead and order the HD pack to begin with but will probably drop back to the sd package. I fell like I have a new tv now that I don't have medicom :)

I'm thinking the Slimline has to be used. I thought right around when E* started using the 72.5 (or .7 what have you) D* was ending its use of their 72.5 satellite.
I case you forgot Harsh, I guess I did understand clearly that it was NOT a 2 dish set up in post Number 26, page 3.
So I guess Everyone but you understood.:p

Just admit you were wrong about everything you quoted and we'll call it even. Say Hi to the guys at DBS talk for me too!
Its time to update that inaccurite D* spread sheet too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Left Dish After 5 Years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)