What dish LMB combo for BellTV?

alang

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
Hey guys. Ive recently moved from up state to the South. Ive confirmed I can get Bell down here but what dish and LMB combo do I have to get. I was getting both SD and HD channels up North so I am guessing I need a duel LMB. Will the Dish 500 work for me..thank you!

alang,

You can use a dish 500 with dual lnbs, aimed at 91w & 82w. You will be able to get 91w as far south as Florida. the 82w beam is primarily in the north think (Mason Dixon line) which could be used as a guide regarding the 82 beam. there is a contour map somewhere on this site for the 82 bird. hope that helps. good luck

Dallas

Thanks guys. I just purchased the Dish Pro with the DPP Lnb and separator. I was told I need the separator because my receiver has a duel tuner.

Thanks for posting that contour map Ice. How do you read that. Im in FL, it looks like I am out of reach. Thanks again!!

A Dish Pro Plus seperator will not work with a Dish Pro LNB, the LNB head must be a Dish Pro Plus Twin for the seperator to work, or the the Dish Pro LNB(s) must go to a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch first.

Thanks for the alert QCK. I do not need both tuners anyway so I will leave the separator out of the loop. Amazing how much confusion info is out there. Glad for those on these boards who know more then those selling this stuff for a living.

Thanks guys. I just purchased the Dish Pro with the DPP Lnb and separator. I was told I need the separator because my receiver has a duel tuner.

Thanks for posting that contour map Ice. How do you read that. Im in FL, it looks like I am out of reach. Thanks again!!

the higher the number in the loop is how big of a dish you need. The higher the number the smaller the dish.
example
54 means a 18-20" dish
52 is about a 24" (I'm in MN)
49 is probably 30"
44 would be a 36-48"

in the southern US there is no signal at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)