What Dish offered me to stay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Prescott,AZ
I can't remember exactly what the offer was but as I've stated in a couple of other posts it is laughable. 1st before the switch I called Dish and the rep while nice must have been clueless. They offered to give me free HD for life which I wanted anyway. But they said to lower my bill they wanted me to give up channels, including HD. RIGHT! I asked about an upgrade to a HDDVR, he said it would cost me $100. Not good...So we switched. In the mail came an offer from Dish. It said "We will do almost anything to get you back"! Love the almost part. Here's the offer I can remember, free upgrade to a standard def DVR, free HD for life, $10 off a month for a year, THREE free ppv movies, and 3 months of Starz free. And they wonder why people are switching!

Jeff

Direct is eating dish alive. when customers flip to dish from direct they will offer to pay the ETF of dish to get the customer back and all new gear at the install.

Current customer retations are a joke when it comes to dish in most cases. They will ask why and not care to help in any way other then close your account. My leaving was due to the new fees and 5 ppv movies that i did not order that started popping up on bills 3-4 months after they where orderd. 4+ years of the AEP and 2 HD pk's gess they need more from me then i was giving.

I just left also. Offered me pretty much same then tried to sell me on $14.99 month plan with only like 12 channels SD & no commitment.

Also have to send equip & LNBs back & pay $210 since I had HD for life commit.

If they simply had GOL TV HD I would of stayed!

I can't remember exactly what the offer was but as I've stated in a couple of other posts it is laughable. 1st before the switch I called Dish and the rep while nice must have been clueless. They offered to give me free HD for life which I wanted anyway. But they said to lower my bill they wanted me to give up channels, including HD. RIGHT! I asked about an upgrade to a HDDVR, he said it would cost me $100. Not good...So we switched. In the mail came an offer from Dish. It said "We will do almost anything to get you back"! Love the almost part. Here's the offer I can remember, free upgrade to a standard def DVR, free HD for life, $10 off a month for a year, THREE free ppv movies, and 3 months of Starz free. And they wonder why people are switching!

Jeff

Jeeeeeeese! I hope no one a Dish Network was making the supreme sacrifice. And to add to rocket's comment: When they charged me for an unordered VOD, they acted sanctimonious when they removed it from my account and advised it was for the one time ONLY. I told them to deactivate VOD and PPV ordering to avoid the issue again and they wanted 5 bucks to do it! On my DTV HR24s, I simply go into locks and set the spending limit to zero at no cost. Their lame attempt to keep me was so pitiful that I don't even remember the offers.

I returned EQ yesterday. I didn't use their "prepaid" ups label. At $15 it was way to much. I paid just over $5 and saved another $10 with D! They also tried to charge us for a ppv that we didn't order. As for paying for the free HD, how could they do that?!

Jeff

It doesn't look like Dish Network wants to keep their customers anymore. Maybe they want to rid of those that want too much to keep them as a customer and figure they switch back and forth between companies a lot? They have cut back on what they give their customers this year along with all these additional fees. Things have went downhill for sure.

What seems to be the problem at least to me is that the big multi billion dollar companys forget that we the public are in a recession to! I wasn't asking for a lot, just help with the fact that I needed to lower my bill and upgrade my EQ. If they can offer a new customer a low price why not a loyal customer that's been there for some time?!

Jeff

When my dad cancelled Dish, he was able to avoid the equipment return fee. I returned two recievers, remotes, lnb and switch to the local Echostar/Dish Network call center for him. I was not aware this could be done until someone posted the idea on the Dish site. It might of only been $30, but those $30 gave him a reason not to reactivate his Dish account. He instead will get Directv after the holidays. He likes my Directv set up and comes over on Sunday's to watch the football games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)