What do blinking green lights mean on the Dish 6000 ?

htguy said:
how long does the download take and can I power on the unit to use it?

thanks again
Don't know why you would be seeing a download now. But it takes from 40-60 minutes to download. :confused:

Try to hold the power botton for 10-15 sec after that, a green light should blink. release then turn it off and wait 5 secs then turn it on again. Lets see what happens. If it still does the same thing I really think its a power surge in the system like you said.

htguy said:
dish tech said bad power supply but really couldn't confirm that, anyone else have any info? please help.
Time to pull the plug and after a minute or so plug it in again. If nothing corrects, there is probably a hardware problem.

As far as downloads, what Software level do you show. Should be L211-xxxx.

tnsprin said:
Time to pull the plug and after a minute or so plug it in again. If nothing corrects, there is probably a hardware problem.

As far as downloads, what Software level do you show. Should be L211-xxxx.

Sorry! Wrong system. You quoted the software level for a 921 system NOT the Model 6000 being discussed. The proper software level for the Model 6000 is 7.84. The proper sofware revision levels can be found at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp

I had a 501 receiver that I bought without a smart card years ago and when I put in a smart card from a 2700 receiver I no longer used and had Dish activate it all it would do was blink. Finally they had me remove the smart card and then the receiver took the latest software download. I then put the smart card in and they sent another hit to the receiver and it worked great from then on. I ended up selling the receiver to my dad and he is still using it.

davhol said:
Sorry! Wrong system. You quoted the software level for a 921 system NOT the Model 6000 being discussed. The proper software level for the Model 6000 is 7.84. The proper software revision levels can be found at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp
:eek: Then download time is 10 minutes or less and does not cause the light to blink. Among the reasons for blinking light on a 6000 is a message including an indicator that new software is available to download. New software only downloads if it is "off". 784P Was released somewhere in the first half of 2004, which is when my two 6000's downloaded it. I believe it was a correction to 783p which added support for Sirius.

Well I called Dish to see if they would send a hit like (MIKEHDTulsa) suggested , DISH refused to do it. She said that "a receiver that was failing" was not worthy of receiving a hit. WTF!!!!! I pay for it but they won't send the signal? What kind of s*** is that. I can't believe that anyone pays for this kind of s***. I'm glad I have cable because I can walk down the block and talk to the top level tech in the area and resolve any problem in a matter of minutes.

Dish just wants me to buy another receiver. WHAT A JOKE!!!! "Sorry we won't try to fix the problem with this box because you need to buy another one." BS

***edited by bcshields, astericked the fully spelled swears***

She claimed that for whatever reason that it never came out of boot recovery. And that it was failing. I can hear the damn fan spinning and the light is flashing, so obviously it is getting power.

Call up Dish again and ask for advanced tech support.. bypass the first level. they're just salesmen in desguise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)