What do I do? Trying to Upgrade to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slideways

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
St. Charles, MO
Ok long and short of it is, I'm having a new house built. Service has been suspended since end of June. Been a sub since 2002 or 2003 consecutively. We close in 2 weeks and I want to move to HD on 2 TV's (HD DVR on 1 of them) and will keep the SD receiver I previously had for our bedroom. I tried calling them(2x and not completely sure I was talking with retentions) and the best they quoted me was $199 with 12 mos free HD service. What I'm really struggling with is the fact that I can get E* eq for free but yet D* wants $200. I don't want to leave D* necessarily but value that $200 more.

Any advice/suggestions?

Ok long and short of it is, I'm having a new house built. Service has been suspended since end of June. Been a sub since 2002 or 2003 consecutively. We close in 2 weeks and I want to move to HD on 2 TV's (HD DVR on 1 of them) and will keep the SD receiver I previously had for our bedroom. I tried calling them(2x and not completely sure I was talking with retentions) and the best they quoted me was $199 with 12 mos free HD service. What I'm really struggling with is the fact that I can get E* eq for free but yet D* wants $200. I don't want to leave D* necessarily but value that $200 more.

Any advice/suggestions?

$200 for the HR DVR is the going price, I bought my first one at $400.
If you can do better than $199 take it :up Some do , some don't.

To me; over the span the $200 and the DirecTV services will outweigh the others with their freebies, services and all the nickel & diming (sp?) they do. Pick your DBS based on the channel offering you want @ the monthly cost and don't sweat the rest.

Also, to make sure you are talking to retention (because that is definitely where you will get the best deal), say "cancel service" at the voice prompt when you call.

Make sure you clearly mention the E* deal - that might (or might not) help as well.

Threats about E* will probably work

Also, to make sure you are talking to retention (because that is definitely where you will get the best deal), say "cancel service" at the voice prompt when you call.

Make sure you clearly mention the E* deal - that might (or might not) help as well.

I agree with this post, mention all of the offers the E* has to new customers currently and see if they will cut you a deal of somekind. I just switched from E* to D* and don't believe I'll ever go back. E* nickel and dimes everyone all the time and I think people are getting tired of dealing with ol' Charlie.

Well I finally pulled the trigger this afternoon.

I called back in and got the HDDVR and a HD receiver for 199 + 19.95, 12 mos free HD server, $10 off monthly bill for 12mos. This will make 3 receivers in all.

excited to finally be getting HD service. Installation set for the 12/20.

Well I finally pulled the trigger this afternoon.

I called back in and got the HDDVR and a HD receiver for 199 + 19.95, 12 mos free HD server, $10 off monthly bill for 12mos. This will make 3 receivers in all.

excited to finally be getting HD service. Installation set for the 12/20.

Merry Christmas !!!

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)