What do I do?

beauseph2008

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hello, today I was scheduled to have a new dish installed today so I could pick up my locals in HD on the 61.5 sat. The installer came and dicked around for about 30 minutes and said he couldn't install it because of there being a tree in my neighbors yard which would block the view, he said regardless of where he put it, there would be a tree in the way and wouldn't be able to get the signal, and basically said i'm out of luck and left. So what do I do now? Just sit here without my locals in HD? what a load of crap, anyone have any ideas?

Call dish and tell them you want a different opinion. Sometimes that is the case with a tree, but I have heard a lot of those stories and when I went out to check the site, I found a LOS. So call to get a 2nd opinion.

One thing you could do is get a digital over the air antenna. A lot of the digital broadcasts are HD.

How many trees are around your home?

What is your zip code?

FYI, the DirecTV web site said that you can get WISC, WMTV, WKOW and WMSN in HD via satellite if you're willing to make a change.

go to antennaweb.org or tvfool.com and enter in your address and those sites will tell you which stations you can pull in OTA. looks like you would be able to though. depending on terrain also.

There's always the pole mount in the yard option.
I had a 61.5 dish installed a couple of years ago because of LOS. But when our locals come on 129, I called Dish and told them I was going to have to cancel because of it. They insisted on sending out an installer. Well, 20' away from the original Dish, they found the sweet spot.