What do I need & how do I install a 500+?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
This might be way over my head, but I'm trying to do some research into what's involved in installing a 500+ dish. The reason I want to install the dish is so I can "move" to Pittsburgh and get locals in HD. I live in a very rural area between Pitts and Harrisburg and have been told HD locals won't be coming to my area in the foreseeable future. So, I checked around and was told about "moving" and Pittsburgh is really the only option.

I did a check switch and came up with 119, 110 and 61.5. Pittsburgh is 118.75 and I was told to access this I'll need the Dish 500+. Had anyone (who's not a pro installer) installed one of these Dishes successfully? And can anyone tell me what exactly I'll need to install it and how to go about it? My receiver (if that makes a difference) is a ViP622.

Thanks!

Do you know if your installer put the 61.5 in because you couldn't hit 129??

If so you will need a Dish 500+ Kit, which gives you the bigger dish and the new lnb.

Also you will need a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch so you can get 110, 118, 119 and 61.5.

It's gonna be pricey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)