Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Ok Im heading out on a roadtrip from Long Island to Florida with stops along the way and what im looking to do is this: my radio has an rca input, so I want to connect two devices an ipod and audio from a laptop and mix the audio. The reason I want to do this is I have navigation software on the laptop that has voice prompts telling where to turn etc and I was going to put the laptop on the floor or the glove box out out of the way. It would also be much easier to use the ipod mount on the dash to control the song selection and just hear the route directions over the song.

That should do it. I just recently installed a blue tooth handsfree unit in my car. It mutes the stereo and plays my phone calls through the speakers. I still have to bring my laptop out to the car and see if it will pair with the unit so I can hear the voice directions over the speakers.

hey bogey that sound really cool, what that cable I have i dont think there would be anyway though to hook it up so it would be able to mute the ipod when the voice directions came on but that would be great if there was a way i could pull that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts