what do i need to get 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbgulak

Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
i am in richmond va and i understand i can get my local HD channels at 61.5. i have a dish 1000 pointed at 110 119 129. do i need another dish and a switch. please help me out

If you have a D1000.2, you'll just need another dish/LNB.

If it's simply a D1000, then yes...either a switch and the previously mentioned combo...or better yet, upgrade the D1000 to D1000.2 and THEN add accessories

and all that requires is a Dish 500 with an LNB........for those with some sense of the satellite world, you can do this yourself....skip paying Dish......

No it does not just take a Dish500 and an LNB. If the poster has a Dish1000 it does not have an input for another orbital location. You would need to upgrade the dish to a a Dish1000.2 or add an external switch and rewire the dishes to the switch.

The 1000 was a short term use product that was replaced by the 1000.2. The latter was a higher gain design that afforded 6 tuner possibilities AND wing options. Suggest that the 1000 be pointed to 61.5. Haven't seen an instance, yet, where the 1000.2 didn't give better results looking at 110-119-129. If Dish sends out a service truck, it's hard to say what the driver will want to do or is authorized to install.

If you have a D1000, you should have no problem putting the D1000.2 in it's place.

It can get a little dicey when replacing a D500 with a D1000.2. Mostly due to width issues. Sometimes you'll hit the side of a home or anything nearby due to the few inches extra width.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts