what do i need to get all channels on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In the interest of keeping things simple I would like to suggest we collect all of tommypic's questions into one thread. The questions are asked in the following threads:
Cheap way on Dish 500 install
Will this work with Dish ???
and
Dish pro 500 dish
I would suggest that all further replies be made to the "what do i need to get all channels on Dish" post.

The basic question he keeps asking is "What do I need to receive all the channels at my lake house that I receive at my main house if I take one of my receivers to the lake house?"

Information that tommypic has posted about his home setup.
Dish500 pointed @ 110/119
Dish300 pointed @ 61.5
Dish DVR 510 receiver
2 Dish 311 receivers (intends to use one of these at lake house)
Information about tommypic's setup we don't know
LNB type. Are they DishPro or Legacy?
Switch type. (Go to Menu--System Setup--Installation--Point Dish-Check Switch to find this information.)

In the interest of keeping things simple I would like to suggest we collect all of tommypic's questions into one thread. The questions are asked in the following threads:
and
Dish pro 500 dish
I would suggest that all further replies be made to the "what do i need to get all channels on Dish" post.

The basic question he keeps asking is "What do I need to receive all the channels at my lake house that I receive at my main house if I take one of my receivers to the lake house?"

Dish300 pointed @ 61.5
Dish DVR 510 receiver
Switch type. (Go to Menu--System Setup--Installation--Point Dish-Check Switch to find this information.)

and
Dish pro 500 dish

Dish300 pointed @ 61.5
Dish DVR 510 receiver

Does anybody see anything I missed?

this may looked all screwed up but I merged the 3 threads that tommy had his same question in so there is only one thread
-Berg

Ok. Tommypic provided the missing information.
LNB type: DishPro
Switch type: DP34

In order to duplicate the programming you receive at your main house to your lake house you would need the following.
Dish500 with a DishPro Twin LNB aimed @ 110/119
Dish300 with a DishPro Single LNB aimed @ 61.5
DP34 switch.
RG-6 cabling, etc.

If you don't need the programming at 61.5 (WNTV 29, WGGS 16 and international channels) you can get by with just the Dish500/DishPro Twin combination.

If you choose the second option you will need to run a Check Switch on your receiver each time you move it between houses.

Thank you for the reply
but i will still need the switch ?
I didint know but just been wondering the web an
seen some lnb's that says switch built in are their anything to that ?
Dont forget not a wezz when it comes to sat

In order to duplicate the programming you receive at your main house to your lake house you would need the following.
Dish500 with a DishPro Twin LNB aimed @ 110/119
Dish300 with a DishPro Single LNB aimed @ 61.5
DP34 switch.
RG-6 cabling, etc.

If you don't need the programming at 61.5 (WNTV 29, WGGS 16 and international channels) you can get by with just the Dish500/DishPro Twin LNB combination.

dont know what spotbeam is , but im getting all my locals now from the dish that has dual lnb. If thats any help dont really know what your talking about

Many locals are carried on spotbeams - that is transmissions that can only be received in certain parts of the country. We don't knw where either of your houses are, so we can't tell you if you're going to be able to receive your locals from the lake house.

Hey SimpleSimon. Thanks again for the call. You might get tired of hearing this (probably not), but I'll say it anyway. YOU WERE RIGHT. It turned out to be bad cabling - there were no less than FOUR connectors in the length of 100+ cable. I ran a new single cable with connectors on both ends - problems gone. Thanks again!

jrs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)