What do I need to get started?

itsasecrethaha

Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Virginia
I consider myself pretty smart- but I can NOT figure out what I need to get started. I called and did not get answers to my questions. I am in my 20s- dish needs to realize that thier lingo is too tough! I cant image my grandma even thinking about starting!

Anyways, this is what I want- what equiptment do I need to order? And where is the cheapest place to order?

I need a box in my living room. I want DVR and HD on it. I want one in my bedroom with the same. I would like something in my sons rom to just have some channels. Not important if it costs a ton.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I am not unsderstanding all these boxes, what the hell a sling is, and all these complex packages.

HELP!

I consider myself pretty smart- but I can NOT figure out what I need to get started. I called and did not get answers to my questions. I am in my 20s- dish needs to realize that thier lingo is too tough! I cant image my grandma even thinking about starting...!

I don't know, my 70+ year old parents got Dish last year and had no problem figuring things out or understanding things. They did call me with a couple questions, but it had to do with the phone lines and a couple channels they wanted that they couldn't find.

itsasecrethaha said:
I consider myself pretty smart- but I can NOT figure out what I need to get started. I called and did not get answers to my questions. I am in my 20s- dish needs to realize that thier lingo is too tough! I cant image my grandma even thinking about starting!

Anyways, this is what I want- what equiptment do I need to order? And where is the cheapest place to order?

I need a box in my living room. I want DVR and HD on it. I want one in my bedroom with the same. I would like something in my sons rom to just have some channels. Not important if it costs a ton.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I am not unsderstanding all these boxes, what the hell a sling is, and all these complex packages.

HELP!

If HD is important you are gonna need a reciever (box) at the tv locations that need HD. Your sons room need not have a box since you will probably be set up with one dual tuner reciever (vip222 if no dvr, Vip722/vip622 if with dvr.) his tv will recieve video and audio from the dual tuner. Dont sweat how the cable will be run till the installer arrives, if he does his job right he will go over his plan with yoi before he starts work.

Your otjer hd tv will be set up with a vip211 with no dvr, or a vip612 if you choose to have dvr.

Why dont you send a pm to a DIRT member on here explain exactly what you want, they can answer all your questions so everything can be set up exactly the way you want it when you order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)