What do I need

mfer

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Great forum, I've been lurking for awhile now. I just bought a 46" 1080p Samsung LCD with 15000:1 contrast and I'm ditching Charter. Yeah!!!!! I hate those bast@rds!!!!

Anyway, I digress.

I'm looking online and I see I can get an HD DVR and regular DVR for free basically, so sounds good to me.

I have a few questions that I want from people who know (as opposed to CSRs --ha)

1. I do not have a phone, but do have wireless internet and has 128-bit encryption. What do I need to hook up to my two receivers to avoid the $5 fee. I would prefer to remain wireless. I have an extract wireless router if that helps. Also does it matter what receivers/dvr's I have? Are all wireless compatible? Links to products would be great.

2. Basically, what are my model number options for the HD and standard DVR's? I want to make sure I get one that is best, etc.

3. Anything else I should know?

Thanks,

-Mik

I believe all the VIP series receivers have the ethernet capability now. The current top line DVR's are the 625 SD and 722 HD in dual tuners.

You can plug the receivers in via ethernet to your router, setup a wireless bridge, or use homeplug to connect them wirelessly.

I guess since I have an extra wireless router, I'd prefer the wireless bridge.

I can't find any good instructions on that. Have any links for me?

If anyone is interested, I'm signing up for new service and the installer will run Ethernet cable for free. No need to do wireless, they'll pull the cable.

-Mik

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts