What do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
I recently installed a Dish 300 system with a DP dual LNB, DP34 switch (still have two open ports for satellite inputs), two 322 receivers and 1 311 receivers, aiming at 61.5 for SkyAngel.

I called Dish Network and asked if I can get a 'Locals Only' package. They stated that, "Yes, you can, for $5.99/month."

I asked what equipment I would need for my area to acquire this package.

She stated that I need a SuperDish system to acquire satellite 121.

Could anyone please reply with exactly what additional equipment I would need to plug into my DP34, to make a Super Dish system?

I'm sure it is a second dish, and a certain kind of LNB, but I don't know which.

If anyone can point me to a URL with the required equipment I need, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob

Drop the 311, each 322 will need two coax going to it to feed the receiver from the dp -34 switch, the superdish is a 2ft / 3ft dish that see's three sats ( not 61.5 ) and to see the 61.5 you will need a $170 switch.

Superdish 121 and apropriate lnbf ( may be a waste of time as many locals are moving to either the 129 or the new 110 )

possibly a dpp 44 switch or a second dp - 34 to handle the 311.

Van couldn't he use the pass thru port on the DP34 if he is only using the 61.5 satellite? If all he wants is his locals he could buy a Superdish and only use the FSS lnb connected to the DP34, tremendous waste of money but a possibility.

Why drop the 311?

Currently, I have one feed of the dual LNB to the 311, and the other feed through the DP34 to the 322 sets.

I think it would just be a matter of adding the Super Dish, its LNB, and a second switch to feed to the 311?

What other thoughts do you have?

Thanks,

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts